eight.

They watch the movie in silence, Patrick's hand inching closer to Pete's as time goes on. "Just fucking do it already." Elisa mumbles, elbowing him.

"I am. Give me a second." Patrick whispers back. He makes a bold move and sets his hand on top of Pete's. Pete's eyebrows furrow as he looks up at Patrick.

Patrick mumbles, "Sorry," and removes his hand quickly, receiving an odd look from Pete and an elbow in the ribs from Elisa.

"Pussy." She whispers in his ear again, and he clenches his jaw, relaxing his shoulders.

"I've got this." He tells himself more than her, letting out a deep breath.

Patrick once more places his hand on top of Pete's, this time keeping it there when Pete gives him a strange look. Ashlee has long since dosed off, so Patrick isn't worried about her commenting on this.

"What are you doing?" Pete asks in a low voice, trying not to wake Ashlee up or alert Elisa.

"What does it look like I'm doing? I'm holding your hand." Patrick says matter-of-factly, a smirk on his face. Pete just raises his eyebrows but doesn't pull his hand away.

"Is this the 'something else' you mentioned earlier?" He asks, and Patrick just nods. "Well, alright." Pete flips his hand over to link their fingers together, almost as if he's testing it out. "Okay. I could get used to this."

"Good job, pussy." Elisa chimes, this time loud enough for Pete to hear. The boy tries and fails miserably to contain his laughter. Luckily, he doesn't wake Ashlee up.

"How long have you two been planning this?" Pete asks, a grin on his face.

"Since the drive to the restaurant earlier." Elisa answers honestly, and Pete just shakes his head, the smile still on his face.

"You guys are wild." Pete says. "Just fucking wild." But he still holds Patrick's hand as they watch Nick and Danny take on the NWA.

"You guys remind me of Nick and Danny." Elisa says after a few minutes. When Patrick and Pete give her a strange look, she laughs and begins to explain herself, "Hear me out. You guys are so fucking gay for each other, and so are they."

"Well, I suppose that's accurate." Pete mumbles, shrugging as he leans in closer to Patrick on the couch, resting his head on the older boy's shoulder. Patrick unlinks their fingers to put his arm around Pete's shoulders and lean his head on Pete's. "You're comfy."

Patrick just laughs and focuses back on the movie, where Nick is in a face-off with Simon Skinner, trying to protect the little red headed boy that happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. "I fucking love this part."

Just as he says that, Simon Skinner slips and falls face forward onto the small scale modern village of Sanford, the tip of one of the buildings going straight through the bottom of his jaw. "Gross." Elisa comments, hiding her face in Patrick's other shoulder.

Both of the boys laugh, and Patrick lets Elisa snuggle into him for the remainder of the movie, which isn't that much longer. After the movie ends, Pete separates himself from Patrick to wake Ashlee up.

Patrick leans over more towards Elisa and cuddles into her, acting as if he's asleep. Elisa does the same, right as Ashlee opens her eyes. "They're both asleep?" She asks her boyfriend, nodding towards the other 'couple' in the room.

Pete almost shakes his head but thinks better of it, glancing back at them to see their state of fake sleep. He simply nods and stands up, offering a hand to Ashlee. "Come on, I'll walk you to your room. I'll let Patrick and Elisa out and lock the door behind him and spend the night on the couch so you're not alone."