twelve.

That night, to celebrate Patrick's successful tryout, he, the guys, Elisa, and Andy set up a small get together at Pete's house. Of course, Patrick has to pick Elisa, Joe, and Ray up.

Fortunately, Elisa comes to his house with him after school to help him pick an outfit out, which means he actually doesn't have to pick her up. It also means that she has to meet his parents.

Great.

Patrick's mother is waiting for them in the kitchen. She scolds Patrick for wearing his baseball cap inside, taking it off of his head, revealing his wet mess of a hair from the shower he took after tryouts. After handing him the cap and him pushing it into the duffel on his shoulder, she turns her attention to Elisa, offering a soft smile and her hand for Elisa to shake.

"Hi, I'm Elisa, Patrick's girlfriend." Elisa says, taking Patricia's hand. Patricia raises an eyebrow, and Patrick sighs.

"It's okay, 'Lisa. She knows." Patrick says reluctantly, and Elisa starts laughing.

"I'm sorry. I'm actually Patrick's best friend slash matchmaker." Elisa says, and Patricia grins widely, one showing her teeth, as she pulls Elisa in for a hug.

"Keep her, Patrick. I like her." Patricia says, and Patrick rolls his eyes, offering his hand for Elisa to take.

"Will do, Mom. Now Elisa and I will be upstairs in my room, with the door closed. Because we're not attracted to each other and are not going to have sex." Patrick says as he leads Elisa up the stairs, hoping his mother doesn't have anything smart to say that's going to embarrass him.

"Don't make me come up there, Patrick Martin. You know I will." Patricia calls out, and yes, apparently she does have something to say that'll embarrass him. As always.

"Martin? That's cute." Elisa says when Patrick drops her hand so he can open the door to his room.

"Shut your face." He mutters, kicking the door shut after Elisa enters. She just laughs in return and takes a seat on his bed as he drops the duffel off of his shoulder. "So I figure we can go ahead and get dressed, maybe grab a bite to eat, and conveniently forget to pick Joe up from work so that we can send Andy to get him."

"Sounds like a plan." Elisa says, pushing herself off of the bed and walking to Patrick's closet. "Well, you've been in here for, what? Almost sixteen years? You better have some good clothes in here."

It takes Patrick a moment to get the joke, but when he does, he flips her off and says, "Fuck you."

She rolls her eyes and replies, "You wouldn't."

That makes him laugh, and he nods his head in agreement. "Sorry, honey. You're beautiful, but you're lacking a few key parts."

"Come over here so I can see what shirt would look good with these black jeans." She says, and he complies, walking to the closet. She's got two short sleeve button-ups in her hands, one is black with white palm trees on it and the other is blue with grey palm trees on it. "Are we feeling dark and mysterious or colourful and playful?"

Patrick gives her a look — one that says Really? Did you just ask that? — and she rolls her eyes, handing him the black one and the jeans. She looks down at the mess of shoes in his closet and picks a pair of all black Vans out, handing them to him.

"Hat?" She asks, and he nods, so she begins looking through his collection of hats, settling on the one that was from his last travel team, the one that had one all white uniform and one all black one. "Here you go. Impress me."

He turns his back and takes his joggers off, leaving him in a pair of yellow boxers with blue birds on them. The band reads 'American Eagle,' and Elisa snorts. "Could you be anymore like a frat boy?"

That earns her the finger from Patrick again as he pulls the jeans on, making sure the band of the boxers is visible. When he turns around, she's still laughing and snaps a picture of him, shirtless and a small smile on his face.

"'Lisa, I will murder you." He deadpans, but there's no heat behind it. He turns to the mirror and puts the shirt on, buttoning it up.

"I've got to have some sort of blackmail on you." She says, but he knows she put it on her snapchat story, which is something he never had to deal with when he grew up the first time. That's why it sucks to grow up in the twenty-first century when everything has to be documented on social media.

He jams the hat on his head, glad that he doesn't have to worry about fixing his messy hair. After pulling the Vans on, Patrick stands up so she can see his outfit. She crosses over to him and looks him up and down before nodding.

"There's my handsome fake boyfriend." Elisa says, squeezing one of his cheeks. He rolls his eyes and grabs her hand, leading her down the steps.

"Mom, Elisa and I are going to Pete's. Be home at midnight!" He calls out, and his mother shouts back her approval.

They get in the Four-Runner and head to Steak 'n Shake to get food. The drive to Joe and Ray's house after is silent as they both munch on their food.

Ray comes out, dressed in a pair of jeans and a band tee with his beat up Converse. "Dude, I thought we talked about the Converse. They suck. Get some Vans." Patrick says when Ray gets in the back.

"Shut the hell up, Stump. Vans are overrated." Ray shoots back before he smiles and nods at Elisa.

They drive to Pete's with the stereo blasting Blink 182's newest album, one that Patrick listened to when he was thirty-five the first time. Now he's fifteen. Wow, this is fucking weird.

Ray doesn't even ask about Joe, mind obviously too occupied with the party to think about his stepbrother. When they arrive, Andy is already there, and unfortunately for Patrick, Ashlee's decided to attend as well.

He sighs and gets out, taking Elisa's hand when they meet at the front of the car. "It'll be fine, honey. I'll keep her occupied." Elisa says, pressing a kiss to his cheek.

He wonders how he got so lucky to find someone like Elisa. Someone that accepts him for who he is and will do anything to make him happy.

The three of them walk in together, and it's at that moment that Ray says, "Wait, we didn't get Joe."

Patrick and Elisa fake surprised looks on their faces. "Hmm. He's in the middle of town. I wouldn't want to get caught driving without a license. Conveniently, I have an older friend who has a driver's license."

"Andy!" Elisa calls out, and the boy appears seconds later, shirtless with a pair of joggers and a baseball cap on his head.

"Yes, my friend's lovely girlfriend?" Andy says, a smile on his face when Elisa just rolls her eyes.

"Would you mind going to get Joe from work? We forgot him." She puts emphasis on the word so Andy knows it was on purpose, batting her eyelashes at him.

He grins widely and nods his head. "Of course. Let me grab a shirt. He's at that barber shop, right?"

"You know where my stepbrother works? He literally got that job like two days ago." Ray says, as if he's weirded out. Andy just smirks, pulling the shirt over his head and slipping his shoes on.

"Don't worry, young grasshopper. All will be explained at a later date." Andy drops a kiss on Ray's forehead and practically runs out of the door and to his car.

Ray seems even more weirded out than before, which just makes Patrick and Elisa laugh. They continue through the house, looking for Ashlee and Pete.

update and trohley is getting closer