thirteen.

Patrick receives a flurry of texts from Joe about ten minutes later, when the five of them — he, Ray, Pete, Ashlee, and Elisa — are in the backyard. They start off with a few, where r u's and end with u sent fuckin hurley to pick me up?? WTF.

He shows the texts to Elisa and then Pete, both of whom snort in response. Ray looks awkward sitting next to Ashlee, like he's being left out of the joke. But Patrick isn't motivated to get up and walk over to show him the text, not while he's in between Pete and Elisa.

"Let's go swimming." Pete says suddenly, and Ray smiles immediately, stripping his shirt off and kicking off his shoes. He's the first in the pool, before anyone else can even agree with Pete.

"I don't have any trunks." Patrick says, and Pete smiles, beckoning him inside with a motion of his finger.

"You can borrow some of mine." Pete says, and then he disappears through the sliding glass doors.

Patrick gets up to follow, not missing the dirty look he receives from Ashlee. He just smiles in return, walking back inside the huge house.

Pete is already going up the stairs, and so Patrick walks to the stairs and then up them. He finds Pete already in his bedroom, searching through a drawer.

Patrick's going to take advantage of this alone time, he decides. He shuts and locks the door after entering, and that gets Pete's attention. He turns around with a questioning look on his face.

"Come here. Been wanting to kiss you all week." Patrick mumbles, and Pete obliges, coming close enough for Patrick to wrap his arms around Pete's waist and pull him into a kiss.

Pete's hands find Patrick's hair, tugging on the short strands of white-blonde. That elicits a groan from Patrick, who pushes Pete up against the door, hands moving to the latter's lower back and pooling there instead.

"Fuck." Pete pulls away with a gasp, trying to catch his breath, which gives Patrick the opportunity to press hot kisses into his neck instead.

Pete tilts his head to give Patrick better access, hands still pulling Patrick's hair every chance he gets. Patrick sucks a mark into the spot where Pete's neck meets his shoulder, and Pete lets him, only moaning in response.

"Hickey. Hickey. You gave me a hickey." Pete says a few seconds later, and Patrick pulls back, smirking.

"And?" He asks, and Pete just sighs, removing his hands from Patrick's hair.

"Patrick." Pete says, and by the tone of his voice, Patrick knows he isn't gonna like what Pete has to say. "I don't need Ashlee wondering if she put that mark there or not."

"Then fucking break up with her." Patrick says, releasing the grip he has on Pete and backing up a few steps. "You don't love her. Don't try to tell me you do."

After a few seconds, Pete drops his head. "Maybe I do. I don't fucking know."

"If you love her, what the fuck are you doing here, moaning like you want me to fuck you six ways to Sunday?" Patrick demands, one of his hands reaching up to ruffle his hair.

That gets a rise out of Pete, who clenches his fists by his sides before saying, "I've never been with a guy! You can't expect me to just up and leave the only person I've ever been with for some guy that probably just wants to fuck me and leave."

Patrick's spouting off before he can stop and think. "Fuck you and leave? Is that what you think I'm trying to do?"

"I don't fucking know!" Pete yells, and Patrick knows they're going to call some attention on them if they don't quiet down.

"You know what? Fuck this. I'm out of here. Call me when you can get it through that thick fucking skull of yours that I'm not the asshole you think I am." With that, Patrick pushes by Pete and slams the door open. He stomps down the stairs, probably looking like a fucking child while he's at it, and goes back outside to find Elisa.

"'Lisa, I'm leaving. You don't have to come, but I can't fucking stay here." Patrick says as soon as he spots her, realising that Andy and Joe have made it back and are sitting next to her, in what were his and Pete's spots.

"Hey, hey, baby, what's wrong?" She rushes to his side, wiping a tear from his cheek that he didn't know was there.

"We'll talk about it later. You coming?" He asks, and she nods shortly, going to get her phone and slipping her shoes back on. "Ray? Joe?"

Neither of them make a move towards him, so Andy speaks up. "I'll drop them home. Don't worry about it. See you Monday?"

"Yeah, man. Thanks." He and Elisa go back into the house so they can leave, and Patrick doesn't miss the smug look on Ashlee's face. He wants to crowd in on her, tell her how her boyfriend had his tongue down Patrick's throat five minutes ago, but he doesn't.

He settles for a nasty look before closing the sliding door behind him. "Patrick-" Pete is saying as he walks closer to them.

"Fucking save it. Get your shit together, Pete." He says shortly, walking right passed him and out of the door.

Elisa probably gives him a sympathetic look before hurrying out the door after Patrick. They get into the car, and Patrick's forgoing his seatbelt in return for getting the fuck off of the Wentz property as soon as possible.

"Get your shit together?" Elisa questions after a few minutes of silence. "What happened, Patrick?"

"I gave him a hickey, and he bitched me out about Ashlee possibly seeing it and realising she didn't put it there. I'm tired of sneaking around, Elisa. I'm so fucking tired." Patrick says, his grip loosening on the steering wheel as he finishes, as if his body is feeling the emotional pain as well.

"It's okay, 'Trick. It's all okay. We'll figure it out." She says, and he likes that. He likes that she says we because it means she'll always be there to help. He needs that in his life.

This was so much fucking easier the first time around when Pete didn't have his whole big gay freakout.

wee haw