Chapter 32

"Lucas, please just stop!" I exclaimed. He either ignored me or didn't hear me, and I'm taking the first option since I was pretty loud.

We reached the bottom. At this point, I think I have to confess. What am I going to say? I can't just say, 'oh Noah's best friends punched me in the face.' They wouldn't believe me, that sounds stupid.

I looked up and everyone was sitting in the dining room, eating already. They stopped when they heard us and looked at us weirdly.

Noah sighed and put his head in his hand, "What the hell Lucas? I told you to call Harper not carry her down-,"

He stopped talking once Lucas put me down and for some reason, I forgot to look down. Now, everyone saw my cheek. Great, just great.

Noah stood up from the table slowly, staring at me closely, "Harper. What happened to your face?"

I shifted uncomfortably, "Um..."

"Harper. Just tell us, 'cause that doesn't look like a normal hit. Did someone freaking punch you?" He asked slowly but I can hear his voice trembling as if he was about to break down.

I sat down in my seat, "Noah, I did get punched," everyone took in a sharp breath instead of Aaron, Hayden and Neil, "but it's nothing important."

"What the hell Harper?!" Lee said suddenly, slamming his fist on the table making me flinch, "How could you just say that? You got punched in the face and you're saying it doesn't even matter?"

I forced out a nervous laugh, "B-but I don't know how to explain it though."

"You don't know who punched you?" Drake asked. I pursed my lips and they shook their heads.

"Fine, fine. Remember when we went out for a walk?" I began and Hayden and Neil tensed. I took both their hands - since they were sitting next to me - and the gave them an assuring squeeze.

The twins, Aaron and Noah nodded, but the others didn't. "Well, we did," I told the others, "It was me, Hayden and Neil-,"

"Wait, wait, wait. So you both knew that she got punched and didn't tell us?" Lucas demanded and both of them looked down.

I shook my head, "No, no. It's not like that, it wasn't even their faults. I told them to not tell you," I glared at Lucas, "anyways, so yeah, it was us three. We went to the park near our house. Well, once we got there, there were three teenage guys there. They had a weird vibe so we turned around and started walking away. They actually caught up with us though, and the g-guy in the m-middle was harassing me. The other two were holding Hayden and Neil b-back."

Everyone was clenching their fists and before Conner could say anything, I continued, "I kicked the guy who was flirting with me since he was about to touch me. Hayden and Neil also took down the other two and we were about to run when the guy who grabbed Neil, gripped my arm and turned me to face him. He called me a female dog and punched me right in the face."

I decided to not mention it was Daniel, Zane and Nelson. Aaron was looking at me with a clenched jaw as if he was about to say something.

So he did.

"It was Daniel, Zane and Nelson," he said and I shot him a glare. Everyone in the room froze especially Noah.

"What?" Noah asked.

"It was your assholes of friends," he repeated. I glanced at Neil and Hayden and they just pathetically shrugged.

"Whatever it's fine. Noah-,"

"What the flip! No, Harper, why the hell are you defending them? Those little flipping cows deceived me!" He shouted. I couldn't help but snort quietly because he called them cows.

"Noah, chill man. We'll call them tomorrow and have a mature talk. Like men," Leo said and we stared at him for a while.

"Yeah, anyways," Noah said slowly, "I'm calling them now. Harper-,"

Noah got cut off by the doorbell ringing. Hayden went to go get it, me and Neil trailing behind. He opened the door to reveal two police officers standing there.

This can't be good.

"Is this the Channing residence?" One of them asked. Hayden nodded.

"Is there an older guardian here with you kids?" He asked and once again, Hayden nodded stepping aside. They both entered as we lead them to the dining room. What I noticed now, was the male one was the same one when Drake got caught stealing.

Drake instantly stood up when he saw him. The guy was surprised at first before rolling his eyes.

"You again," he grumbled under his breath. I snickered beside him.

"Hello, officers. Is there a problem?" Noah asked, standing up to go shake their hands.

"I'm officer Lancaster and this is my partner, officer Williams. We have got a reported issue with a car crash by a nearby hotel." He said. We all slowly nodded.

"Are you the children of Mr. and Mrs. Channing?" He asked, and we all nodded eagerly.

"I'm very sorry to say this, but, your father was arrested for murdering your mom."

◽️◽️◽️

▫️E D I T E D▫️

A/N: What the flip? Just like that? Their dad is arrested by murdering his wife? Holy shit, what the hell did I just write?

Am I cruel or what? I kind of feel bad, but I don't want to change it because now there's tea boiling.

▫️COMMENT▫️VOTE▫️FOLLOW▫️