Chapter 40

Basketball was absolutely a blast! We ended up winning, it was really close though. I am really glad I decided to join since Coach Kendall told us that was the longest game we have ever had. All the girls are really good too, but the one that caught my eye was Hope. She was literally dunking on everyone, she was killing it out there! Hope and I have a stronger friendship too, I'm really glad I stood up for her. If I didn't then I would have never got to meet her.

You're probably wondering what happened to Jade. She and I have become kind of distant from each other. She apparently is "popular" now. How do I know that? Great question! She told me herself. Literally, like this, 'hey Harper, guess what? I'm popular now!' Okay, I'm exaggerating a little, but you know what I mean.

I'm walking out of school and I instantly see Nate, Dylan and Alex. I take in a breath and walk over to where they are. I still need to apologize to Alex, even though he probably wouldn't care. I still feel guilty of what I have done, and my mom has always taught me right and has told me:

"If you're ever guilty of something, try your best in fixing it."

That was when she told me when I was eleven. I got mad at my friend and screamed at her for something she did, but I think it was stupid. I, later on, felt terrible and told my mom about it, she told me that.

"Hi," I said quietly. They all turned to me and grinned as Dylan swung over his shoulder. Why does he do that? He pulled some of my hair.

I hissed and shrugged off his shoulder, "Don't do that. You pulled my hair."

He rolled his eyes as I faced Alex, "I'm sorry for what I said to you. I thought it was harsh, so can you forgive me?"

They all stared at me, especially Alex. Then they did something I never thought of them doing.

They laughed in my face.

I was obviously taken aback. I mean, who laughs at a person trying to say sorry to them? That's rude! So, I didn't want to get mad, so I stayed calm.

"What?" I asked. Alex sobered up and looked at me.

"It's fine, Harper. I really don't mind, these two told me about you and apparently, you all have a rivalry between each other. So, I was a little annoyed, but whatever, let's just forget that ever happened and move on," he explained.

"I'm Alex, nice to meet you," he said and stuck his hand out for me to shake. I gripped his hand and shook it while smiling.

"I'm Harper, it's also nice to meet you," I said. We stayed silent before bursting out into fits of laughter.

I never imagined laughing with Nate or Dylan, it was weird.

I was about to say something when I felt someone touch my shoulder. All three of them already looked behind me and as I turned around, it was Matthew who was looking... angry?

"Hey, Matthew-,"

"Who are they?" He asked, cutting me off. I could see at in the corner of my eye that all three of them started smirking. I was pretty startled by the question but reluctantly answered.

"They're f-friends," I stuttered. I don't really consider Nate or Dylan a friend, but what can I say? At first, Matthew narrowed his eyes and scanned them up and down. I didn't know why he's being like this, so I just let it happen until he hesitantly nodded.

"Okay. By the way, your brothers are looking for you," he said. I widen my eyes and snap my head in our car, and I see the last thing I wanted to see. 

All my brothers looking as pissed as ever.

I wave quickly at everyone and run to the car. I nervously walk up to them as they turn their heads. I think Drake looked the most annoyed.

"Where were you, Harper? I have to get to my soccer game soon!" He exclaimed. My jaw dropped as we all piled up in the car.

Have I ever mentioned that Drake loves soccer? You should see his and Conner's room. He has soccer trophies on shelves, banners, posters, soccer pillows, anything you could imagine that is soccer related.

"I'm sorry."

Drake sighed and looked back at me, "It's fine. Just don't do it again."

◽◽◽

N O T | E D I T E D

A/N: How was this chapter? Now you know that Drake loves soccer. I am so sorry that I didn't really make this realistic, like her brothers getting girlfriends, you guys need to learn more about them.

I feel really bad so now, I'm starting with Drake. You guys will now know little things about her brothers. 

Guess what? I twist my ankle... AGAIN. But, it's not my same one I sprained last time. This time, I twist my left and I never twist my left, ALWAYS my right. I'm not going into details, fell down the stairs, blah, blah, blah. 

Thanks for reading! I'll be posting SDL - Stepbrothers Don't Love tomorrow. ♚