Chapter 34

"Lee, please come out!" I shouted, banging on the door. Lee hasn't come out for a while and has been ignoring everyone. Leo and Aaron were beside me, Noah started working so he's at work, Leo and Aaron have been annoyed at the behaviour Lee has been pulling off.

"Lee, you're not the only one that has been going through a tough time! Just move on!" Leo said, banging on the door with his fists, and louder than I thought. I heard a groan and stomping feet.

The door opened and we stepped back a little, "What do you idiots want? Also, shut up!"

Leo and Aaron both rolled their eyes, "Bro, we share the same damn room. Don't freaking lock it!"

Aaron shoved past Lee, so did Leo. Lee stared at and before he could slam it into my face, I stopped it and squeezed in.

"Harper, get out!" He said, exasperated. I shoved him back, as he toppled over, he snapped his head over to my direction.

"What is the matter with you?" He asked, with wide eyes. Aaron and Leo snorted while they watched in amusement.

"No, I should be asking you the same question. Why are being so whiny?" I asked, crossing my arms.

He looked confused so I continued, "I get it's hard moving on. You aren't the only one who's having a hard time, though. You know what they say, you forgive, forget and move on. Only, you just have to forget and move on."

He looked at me for a second, then at Aaron and Leo who just shrugged, "Listen to your sister. She apparently is smarter than you at the minute."

Lee scowled at Aaron as I smiled at him.

Lee turned to me and sighed, "I know, I know. You're right, I should stop. It's just really hard, Harper. I never thought of mom dying, and she's only 40!"

That was true.

I nodded and hugged him, "We'll get through it together. Don't worry about it." I suddenly felt more arms wrap around us, so I thought it was just Aaron and Leo.

The door swiftly opened, as we were about to let go of each other, Noah stared at us with squinted eyes, until he looked at me.

"Matthew's here," he said. I lit up and was about to start running, but my brothers started walking too which made me freeze.

"I want to be alone with him," I say to them. They abruptly stop as Aaron looks at me with doubt.

"So what? He can try to make the moves on you," he said. Instead of answering, I rolled my eyes and dashed downstairs, too fast for them to even process.

I grabbed Matthew by the hand and literally dragged him outside the door. We ran to the nearest park.

"Woah, slow down there. What-," before he could finish, I found myself hugging him tightly.

"Where were you? Why didn't you call or text me?" I asked, he eventually snaked his arms around my waist and hugged me back.

"Sorry Harp. I forgot to tell you, but I moved houses. Don't worry though, I don't live far from our school," he said and I sighed of relief.

"What, missed me?" He asked, playfully. I rolled my eyes and let go of him.

"Don't get too cocky," I told him. He laughed and sat down on the swing.

"So, what happened to you over the week I was gone?" He asked, looking at me. My eyes sped down to the ground, fighting with myself if I should tell him what happened to mom and dad. Now that think of it, they haven't even met each other.

"A lot," I mumbled. I looked back at him as his eyes narrowed.

"What do you mean? Like, personal stuff?" He asked, worried. I nodded and gave him a weak smile.

"You can say that again," I said. He nodded.

"I get it. You don't have to tell me," he said.

"I'll do it as soon as I'm ready, okay?" I asked. He looked back at me and smiled.

"Alright."

We started talking about random stuff, as it became dark, he walked me back home. Once he walked away, I opened the door to a horrific scene.

Daniel, Zane, and Nelson were on the couch while all my brothers talked to them... calmly?

What is going on?

◽◽◽

NOT E D I T E D

A/N: Ooooh, some drama going on. Why do you think Daniel, Zane and Nelson are there? What do you think is going to happen with Harper?

Matthew is back and now you know why he hasn't been showing up. Matthew and Harper's friendship is growing, but can you really call them friends? Maybe, it's a complicated relationship.

Thanks for reading!

Thanks for reading! ♡

COMMENTVOTEFOLLOW