| 3 |

"Yeah, is it too late now to say sorry?
'Cause I'm missing more than just your body
Oh, is it too late now to say sorry?
Yeah, I know that I let you down
Is it too late to say I'm sorry now?"

Sorry - Justin Bieber

* * *

"Please let go of my hand, Levi." Letting go of my hand, he awkwardly rubs the back of his neck.

I don't know what else to say. His mother is here. I mean, the last time I saw her was the end of summer for freshman year. And she looked as healthy as you can be for someone who was almost fifty. That would make her about fifty-five, fifty-six now. She was the mother I always hoped for. She uses to pack cookies for me and Levi in elementary school until high school every day. She would watch TV with us, play games with us, even with all the work and patients she had at the Psych Center.

As I smile to myself, Levi smiles. "It's been a long time."

"No shit."

"I mean, it's been a long time since I've seen you. Since I've seen you smile." As I mentally punch him, my smile drops. "Of course it's been a long time. Almost five years to be exact. Five years since you've become, Mr. Oh-So-Popular."

He frowns, "Listen, I'm sorry. I--"

"Don't."

I turn around and begin walking at a quicker pace. "Zara, please, let me explain myself."

Frustrated, I quicken up, quietly yelling at him. "No! I don't want one of your pitiful explanations Levi. I've had enough. After all these years, you want to talk now. Especially with what I was going through. How could you? All the years of our friendship just thrown down the drain because of what? Because of your embarrassment? Your selfishness? You weren't the one who was humiliated! I was!" Approaching my volunteering room, I wipe away the tears of anger and give him one of my Bitch, I could care less about you. I don't need your pity! looks, and smile.

"Zia-", I cut him off with the sound of the door slamming on his face.

I turn around, only to be greeted by Mrs. Greene with a shocked face. "Well love, what was all that ruckus about. I could hear you from the other end of the hallway. "

Sighing, I grab one of the seats from the mini round table and place it next to the hospital bed. "It's a long story."

Laughing, she gets comfortable, "I have all day, Zara. And you know me, I love a good, dramatic story."

Now it's my turn to laugh. "What makes you think it's dramatic?"

"Well, clearly, the way you slammed the door on that handsome fella is a dead ringer for dramatic, don't 'cha think?!" 

Rolling my eyes at the mention of Levi being called handsome by Mrs. Greene, it makes me want to punch him in the balls even more.

"Mrs. Greene--"

"Ziarah, Love, how many times do I have to tell you to call me Lola?"

Smiling, I finish my sentence. "Lola. Levi Morgan isn't even close to the definition of handsome."

She smiles and mumbles something. I think she said, "Sure. We'll see about that."

Squinting my eyes, she just smiles back at me.

Ignoring our conversation, we play some games. I pull out some games from the drawer, "Scrabble or Chess?"

"Scrabble. Always Scrabble. "