| 4 |

"I tell myself I'm done with wicked games
But then I get so numb with all the laughter
That I forget about the pain

Whoa, you stress me out, you kill me
You drag me down, you fuck me up
We're on the ground, we're screaming
I don't know how to make it stop
I love it, I hate it, and I can't take it
But I keep on coming back to you"

Back To You - Louis Fooking Tomlinson feat. Bebe Rexha

* * *

Ziarah. Don't. You. Dare. This. This right here is what'll ruin your future. Everything your working towards!

"Fuck."

I absolutely can not. I can't relive the same problems over again, just to make my life a living hell. Again. He broke me. I will never be the same girl I was five years ago.

"Levi. For the millionth time. Let. Go. Of. Me." Trying to avoid eye contact, he grabs my chin, causing me to look up and meet his eyes with mine. "Ziarah. For the millionth time. Let. Me. Explain."

"Why? Do you really think that it's that easy?! I mean, come on man, look who you're talking too."

"Yah. You really are one difficult girl. I would know!"

Scoffing, I interrupt him. "Oh, really?" "Would you let me finish for once?"

"Look, I know I can be an ass sometimes--" "Sometimes?" Warningly, he glares at me. "But you were my best friend."

"What does that have to do with any of this?" I cock a brow in confusion.

"Don't play stupid, Zaragoza." Taking a deep breath, he continues. "I just-- it- I-I feel like I was a dick about the whole situation. I didn't know how else to react, okay?"

I huff and puff in frustration. "Well, for starters you could have thought it through and been a little more nicer about it."

"I know that Ziarah, tha-" "My name is Zara." He rolled his eyes. "Zara. That's what's bugging me. That's what ruined a great friendship. And I want to start over. It's our last year in this school, and I know that you wanna move out of Utah, off to God-Knows-Where." Looking into his eyes, I see something that I can't quite put my finger on.

"Look, Levi, I have trust issues now, well, more so now than ever. And if you wanna earn that title back as my friend, let me just say that's gonna the time. You're gonna have to work for that. Hard! But don't think that trust is something you ever receive from me. Ever. " Taking a step back, I go to grab the doorknob. "I'll do anything, Ziar-Zara." As a small smile form on my lips, I leave heading to the main office for a late slip. Thanks, Levi. Now I'm later than ever. 

Making my way through the hallways, I almost bump into a freaking wall. In my head too much lately. I'm worried Levi might not be one for his word. It's all too good to be true. 

"Ms. Zaragoza, nice of you to finally join us. Do you have a pass?" Hand Mrs. Hampton the slip, I walk up to my seat, all eyes on me. Good thing I'm in the back. Minutes later the door is being slammed open, but I don't bother looking up from my drawings. "Mr. Morgan, Do you have a-" "No, I don't." The mention of his name and his voice. I look up. You've got to be fucking kidding me. My day couldn't get any worse.

Huh, seems the teacher knows better than to argue back. It'll lead to nowhere. 

Standing in front of the classroom, he looks around for a seat. "Mr. Morgan, just sit next to Mrs. Zaragoza. Maybe you'll learn a few things from her from what I heard." NO! I spoke too soon!

Abruptly standing up without realizing, I yell. "I Object! That thing," I point to Levi, "will not sit next to me. Ever!" Acting out has never been my forte,  but when it comes to the man, well, this boy, sometimes I just whined up not giving to shits. 

"Ms. Zaragoza, you do not disrespect me like that. Take a seat or get out of my classroom." Rolling my eyes but shutting my trap, I sit back down. Looking to my left, there stands Levi, with the entire class staring at me. "Ms. Zaragoza, may you please move your backpack?" Imitating the teacher with a smirk on the corner of his mouth.

I turn my head once again to look to the front of the classroom, ignoring his request. "I said please." Still not bothering to apprehend his presence. Looking around the class, who happens to still have their eyes on me, I look for an open seat. Not even one. Just fuck me now!

Moving my bag, I pay him no mind. Yet, I still shuffle my seat away from him. He has a smirk on that face of his, and I don't even have to look at that hideous thing knowing I'm right.

I mentally stab Levi through first period for not shutting up. When the bell rings grab my bag, I don't bother to pack up and shuffle everything into my arms. "In a rush Ziarah?" Ignoring him, I'm the first to walk out of class.

Excuse Me, Pardon me. No matter what you say they never want to move. Approaching my second period, I see Olivia. "Liv!"

"Hey. You look like you just saw a ghost. Did you run here or something?" She laughs. "I'm glad you find this amusing. How about you try sitting next to the dickiest boy of the school who, may I say, got me in trouble and even later to class than I already was." Signing in frustration, we take our seat in the back.

"Levi Morgan? God! That's all the girls were talking about in class!"

I snort at her response. "Sucks for them! I'm in hell. He was never this much of an ass when we were younger."

"Awe, Ziarah, c' mon. I'm a sweetheart if I do say so myself." Yelping at the sound of his voice from behind me, I roll my eyes. "Oh, God. Don't tell me you're in this class too?"

"I mean, I'm too beautiful to be God, but I'll accept that too. "

"What the hell are you even-" "Hi, I'm Olivia." Interjecting between our bickering, I glare at him. "Well hello, Olivia. You already know who I am, so no need for an introduction." He smugly responds.

"I'm sorry, I don't know. Who are you?" Stifling a laugh, I bit down on my lip. He's speechless. "I-I'm sorry?" His accent thick with those words. "You don't know who I am?" Liv shakes her head. I can tell she's also trying holding in her laughter by the way she tugging on the hem of her dress. Or skirt. Whatever it is she's wearing.

"Wow. Well, Um-Uh-I'm, well, Morgan. I'm Morgan." Offering his hand for a shake, I couldn't hold it in any longer. I burst out into laughter. "Man! That was GOLD! The look on his face." Holding onto my stomach with one hand, and the other covering my mouth, I try to breathe. "I know!" As Levi just stares at the two of us, there's a mixture of confusion and anger upon his face. Finally catching my breath, "Man, she's just shitting with you. Don't pay her any mind."

"Okay class, settle down and everyone take a seat." The bell ringing, signaling the beginning of second period. Olivia and I giggle at each other about what just happened a minute. Levi looks at us with a smirk plastered on his face, only for me to give him my middle finger in return. The two of us laugh while Levi just eyes us back and forth, small smile lingering on the concern of his lips. 

Werido. 

* * *

Sorry if it's a little cheesy. I even cringed while writing so of it!

All The Love,
Mary. J