Chapter 18

#PTG18 Chapter 18

"Oh, my god!" I panicked as I stared in horror at Joey and Psalm's figure outside! Nakikita ba nila kami?! Or worse, did they hear us?!

"Katherine," I heard Jax calling me but my whole system was already in terror over the possibility of my best friends catching me making out with my boyfriend! Oh, my god! Mas nakakahiya 'to kaysa nung sinigawan ako sa classroom!

My mind was already in haywire, thinking about the possible reasons that I could tell kung bakit may kababalaghan na nangyayari sa loob ng Range Rover ni Jax, but before I could even come up with a sound idea, I felt Jax holding both my shoulders, forcing me to look at him.

"Breathe," he said.

"I can't! They're outside!" I hissed. "Why aren't you panicking?!"

"Why will I?"

Pinanlakihan ko siya ng mga mata. "Because they caught us—"

"Kissing?" parang tangang tanong niya.

I nodded. "Yes!"

"And that's?" he asked.

"Horrifying!"

"Why? You're my girlfriend. And besides, those two," he said, pointing at the two who were now talking. Shit. Mukhang heavily tinted talaga 'tong sasakyan! "Those two surely have done—"

Agad kong tinakpan iyong tenga ko. "Oh, my god! Don't even say that!"

I could see Jax holding his laughter. I was about to smack his face when his phone vibrated. Nakita ko iyong pangalan ni Joey doon.

"What did she say?" I asked when he was reading the text. Hindi ko makita kasi naka-upo pa rin ako sa lap niya.

"She said na puntahan ko 'yung sasakyan ko kasi bigla daw tumunog," Jax said, then looked at me. "They don't know we're here. Stop panicking already."

I nodded, then looked outside again, only to see the two already gone. Para akong nabunutan ng malaking tinik sa dibdib. Agad akong napa-sandal sa dibdib ni Jax.

"God... That was the most nerve-wracking moment of my life..." I said as I took comfort with the fact that I had his arms around me, and I could feel him caressing my back. Then, I felt him planting a kiss on the side of my head.

"Katherine."

"Hmm?"

"I love you."

I stiffened, but my heart started to race.

"I know now, you love me more than I love you, but I know someday, I'll love you more than you love me."

I bit my lower lip. "Hindi naman 'to contest."

"I know," he said, tracing patterns on my back. "But I want to be the one who's crazier, the one who's more in love, the one who's willing to give you everything. Is that so bad?"

"I don't know... I just want you to love me. I'm okay with anything you can give me," I said, hugging him closer—tighter than I ever could.

Jax pulled away, and cupped my face with his hands. Even in the dark, I could see his eyes sparkle. I never want for him to lose that sparkle. I'd do anything to keep him this way. I'd give anything for him to stay happy.

"I'll give you more than you want," he said, his thumb gently caressing my cheek. "Don't give up on me, okay? I promise I'll work harder to give you the life you deserve."