Chapter 6

Stevie adjusted the baseball hat atop her thick wavy brown hair before she clapped her hands together. She looked at the dugout full of little boys and told them, "Alright guys, are you ready to win?"

They all shouted in excitement before Stevie helped them each on with their gloves so they all could get out in the field to have a few minutes to warm up before the game. She had her baseball shirt with the white body and red sleeves, the color of their team and her black athletic shorts that showed off her long slender legs, even though she was unaware of that fact.

When she stepped out of the dugout, she looked out out into the stands and smiled widely when she saw who was there. All sitting together were all the members of her family as well as the Evans family. Stevie laughed out loud when she saw Chris, wearing the matching baseball shirt as she had on. He stood up and shouted, "GO JETS!"

When Chris saw her laughing at him, he just gave her a goofy grin, causing her to laugh louder. She did notice that one person in particular wasn't there and she wasn't really surprised but she was disappointed. Stevie tried to ignore her feelings for the moment and focus on the game.

She coached the little boys through their game, giving instruction and shouted excited praises when they made a great play or had a good hit. She was so proud of how they played and ended up tackled in hugs from the boys when they won their game.

"Way to go Jets!" Chris shouted, scooping up Ethan and Jake in one big scoop of his muscular arms and hugged them tight while Dodger bounded around his feet.

"Uncle Chris, did you see the hit I got?" Ethan buzzed and Jake quickly asked if he saw his too.

Stevie stood there, admiring the sight of Chris holding each of the boys in his muscular arms as he gushed over them with praises. Eventually, he set them down so they could get hugs and kisses from everyone else. His eyes then shifted to Stevie who currently was squatting down, rubbing behind Dodgers ears as his tail wagged wildly.

"I love you baby, Dodger you're such a good boy," She fawned over the dog who loved every second of it. "Once I get married to Erik, you probably can't come over as much because he's crazy and doesn't love dogs, but I'll still come over to your daddy's house all the time and love on you."

"I swear, that dog is like your child and it's not even your dog!" Kevin laughed at his sister.

"Well it's also like Chris' child," Scotty laughed.

"We share joint custody," Chris teased while rubbing Dodgers head.

Stevie just wrapped her arms around Dodgers neck and rubbed him while letting him lick her neck, "But we both know he loves me more!"

"Whatever you want to tell yourself," He playfully brushed it off.

Lisa looked between the two and smiled, seeing how perfect they were for one another and wanted to encourage Chris to talk to her so she decided to stoke the fire a bit, "Stevie, where's Erik?"

She was quiet for a moment as a sad look came over her face, "Well, he um, he's not really into sports so he didn't want to come."

Chris wanted to roll his eyes. Why was she with this guy? He never did anything she wanted to do, or even support her in the things she did! It frustrated him to no end, but he decided to take the opportunity to have her all to himself.

"Hey Stevie, I was just going to head home after this, want to come over?" He asked.

She immediately agreed and it wasn't long until they were at the house. Stevie laid on the couch, her feet tucked underneath Chris' legs while she tugged on the sleeves of her sweatshirt. Dodger laid down on the floor, fast asleep while the humans scrolled through netflix, trying to decide what they wanted to watch.