Chapter 16

The sound of the door opening made Dodger's head perk up from where he was laying on the carpet and put a smile on Chris' face. He knew who was walking through the door but Chris stayed sitting in his chair.

It didn't take long for Stevie to saunter into the living room where she came upon Chris. He sat in his oversized comfy chair in a soft tee shirt and some straight leg jeans. A book was in his hands but he looked up at her when she entered.

Chris took his time, letting his eyes start down at Stevie's feet and traveled up her long toned legs covered in some tight sweatpants that hugged her in all the right places. Her top was covered in a loose plain grey tee shirt that had a round neck, showing off her beautiful neck that he loved to kiss his way along. Eventually he got to her face that was surrounded by her dark hair that fell in waves around her face and ended a little below her shoulders. Her lips were pink, full and inviting, while her eyes were soulful but sparkled with fun and mischief.

Her slender hands came to rest on her hips as she asked, "What are you lookin' at?"

"How insanely gorgeous you are," Chris didn't miss a beat.

"Those are dangerous words," Stevie informed him.

"How's that?"

Stevie walked over to where he was sitting in his chair and told him, "Because you're going to lose your book."

And with that, she pulled the book from his hands and put it on the side table before straddling his lap so she was facing him and hooked her arms around his neck, pulling herself tight against his firm chest.

"Somehow..." He trailed off, pushing the hair off of her shoulders and letting his hand come to rest along her jaw bone. "I think I'll like this more than my book."

"Mhmm, think so?" Stevie's eyebrow rose as she leaned in.

Chris just happily moaned in response as she brought her lips to his. Stevie sucked on his plump lower lip while squeezing her arms around his hunky shoulders, earning a groan from him. She then moved her lips up so both of theirs were locked together while she massaged his lips with hers. One of Chris' hands was still resting on her jaw while the other found her hip that he squeezed tightly, letting her know how much he was enjoying the moment.

Just as Stevie was deepening their kiss, she felt something weird in her side. Then it bumped her again. She pulled away from Chris so she could look down and immediately found the culprit. Dodger was burying his nose in her side to get her attention, and when he saw that he got it, his tail wagged and he let out a happy bark.

"Awww, hi baby," She rubbed his head.

"Say hi to him later," Chris mumbled, kissing along her jaw.

Seeing that the humans were going back to just paying attention to each other, Dodger rested his chin on the armrest of the chair and gave Stevie the most pathetic look that he could muster. Stevie's eyebrows arched while her heart broke at the sad dog.

"Chris, he's so sad! Look at him!" Stevie said. "He wants us to play with him!"

"We can play with him later," Chris insisted, wanting to go back to the position they had previously been in.

Right on cue, Dodger started whimpering and Chris knew his moment was over. Stevie climbed off of Chris' lap and sat down on the floor. She grabbed Dodger's rope and held it out to him. He happily barked before grabbing the other end of the rope and played tug-of-war.

"Really Dodger?" Chris shook his head, making the dog look up at his Master and cocked his head, almost asking what the problem was. "You had to ruin my moment just for your dumb rope?"