Chapter 17

Adjusting her baseball hat on top of her head, Stevie then clapped as she heard the familiar crack of the ball making contact with the metal bat and she shouted, "Good hit Robbie! Run it out!"

"Ethan!" A familiar voice called out as he walked up. "Look alive! Stand like you're ready," Chris instructed his nephew.

He obediently nodded while Jake, who was currently playing first base waved at the tall man and said, "Hi Uncle Chris!"

"Hey bud!" Chris waved back while the next batter walked up to the plate during the team's practice.

"What are you doing here?" Stevie smiled while Chris walked up to her. "I thought you had a phone meeting?"

"It got moved to another day," He shrugged. "So I wanted to come see you."

She just smiled at him, telling him everything he needed to know and stole a quick kiss from her. Stevie watched the kids intently but told Chris, "Last night was just what I needed Chris. Thanks for being there for me and just being so amazing."

"I love you Stevie," Chris told her. "And I have to say, I didn't mind you falling asleep on me either. That was pretty sweet."

"You're such a dork," She laughed, turning to look at him while her eyes sparkled. "And I love it."

"I loved this whole morning. I just loved waking up with you, making breakfast together, playing with Dodger and just... being with you. I swear, I'll never get tired of being with you," Chris beamed.

"Okay stop melting my heart while I'm with my team and can't make out with you," Stevie snickered.

"Save it up for later," Chris whispered in her ear, giving her behind a soft smack while none of the kids were looking.

She just rolled her eyes but gave him a familiar smirky smile while she walked over to her team. She got them all out in the outfield and had Chris bring over a bucket of balls for her to hit. Right after he put them down in the dirt, he felt his phone ring. When he saw his press manager's name, he knew exactly what she was calling about so he walked over to the side of the field and leaned against the fence.

"Hello?" He answered, watching Stevie hitting line drives while her kids practiced catching them and throwing them to first base.

"What the hell are you thinking with that tweet last night, Chris?" Susan balled him out. "I finally just finished putting out the fires from the photos of you and Stevie kissing during reshoots and now you go and do this?"

"I know, but-" He started but she cut him off.

"No!" She protested. "Chris, you know I love you but you're always trying to protect your personal life and wanting me to keep everything private but I feel like you're working against me. I mean, you're the one who refuses to answer the dating question when reporters ask but now you're tweeting videos of your girlfriend and saying that you love her in the caption! I don't get it."

"You know," Chris chuckled, stuffing his free hand in his pocket and glancing over at Stevie who was high fiving her team before having them line up to practice catching and throwing. "I don't really get it either. I just always hated when all the press about someone is their relationship and then there is a big breakup and everyone speculates why and all that shit, but I don't know.... I just.... I know there won't be a breakup with her."

"Chris, are you sure about this? I mean you usually want me to vet interviewers to make sure they won't ask you if you're dating someone," Susan questioned him.

"I am sure. I'm just so happy with her and I want her to be able to come to things with me and I want to be able to act normally around her and not have to hide it," He explained.