First Dates.

Jason

  I didn't want to take her to lunch around town where I was renowned and might be recognized...I was trying to avoid any encounter with people who knew me,especially the girls I had had sex with .So I was driving to the next town,away from college where I will be least recognized... The next town was still under my pack's territory so it was okay.

  "Finals are really stressing me out"she answers when I ask her about her exams,we had been driving for the past five minutes.
The next town was a 45 minutes drive ,we had spent about 10 minutes on the road already.
"Don't worry,I know you'll do great."I encourage,earning a small smile from her.

"What about you??how are your exams going"she asks.
"Well"i begin
She faces towards me,with legs crossed and hands in her lap.
"It's really exhausting but it's nothing I can't handle"

  Actually that was a partial truth,the real truth was that I didn't have to write those exams. Most of my professors were werewolves too and they knew I had duties, so I didn't have to write their papers if I couldn't but I would still be graded.

  Earning a certificate wasn't really necessary but they were precautions to protect our secrecy. Since some of the heads of the werewolves worked with the government it became necessary to earn a certificate to avoid suspicions.

"So when is your sister's wedding coming up?"I try to change the subject
"Yea...in a weeks time"she replies
"I'm going to be her chief bride's maid"she informs "your invited.....you know. that's if you want to attend"she glances at me.

"I would love to attend....and that's if am free...but I wouldn't want to get your hopes up"
I glance at her catching her nodding silently before fixing my attention back at the road.
She leans forward and turns on the radio a song is playing she smiles one of those her beautiful smiles..she liked the song that was playing. It was Meghan Trainor-Dear future husband,soon she was she was singing along.

  I sometimes listened to music...it helps me with my anger issues, especially since after dad's death.
The current song soon ended and another began and she was singing along, she didn't just know the song she had a melodious voice,her voice was like silk and I wished I could listen to it forever... It was captivating.

  Soon we arrived our destination. This town wasn't as populated as the one we lived in,when I was younger dad used to bring our whole family here for vacation. We owned a manor on the more secluded parts of the town with thousands of acres of land at our backyard. it was away from all the busy life we led in the mansion at the pack.

"And here we are"I steered the car into a close,the end of the road led to a dock which was quite visible from the beginning.

  I parked the car in the parking lot of the first building at the beginning of the road,we exit the car together and I turn round the car to stand by Elienai. Her mouth was partially open as she stared at the buildings in front of us.

  There was not one building but all the buildings on both sides of this road was associated with serving food.
"So this was your plan"she asks,her eyes moving through each building.

  Even if it was a street mainly for eating, each building specialized in a specific kind of food. on the row to our left there was a fast food,a cafe,a Chinese restaurant,a French restaurant, an Italian and at the end of that row was a small building for serving sea food. To our right was an Indian restaurant, an English restaurant, a restaurant dealing with African cuisines, a vegetarian one,a Spanish one and a bakery.

  "Yup...this is my plan"I answered...hoping she liked it.
  "So which one are we visiting?"she asks.
  "Any one...or as many as we can,if you want all of them"I reply with a smirk."trust me I've been here before and I can tell you that each building here serves some of the best dishes in the state"we start walking towards the first building.
  "In that case I think I'll try them all"
  "Good choice...I know just the place to start"I take her free hand and pull her towards the bakery.