26

"Is she going to be alright?" Arryn asked Dr

"Is she going to be alright?" Arryn asked Dr. Martin.

The brunette unclamped the fluid line as droplets slowly rolled down the line into Savannah's arm. The survivor appeared to be a whole new woman after she was cleaned up. The dirt and grime cleared away to reveal a beautiful woman underneath.

"She's dehydrated and an infection has started in her leg. I have one course of antibiotics left that I can give her and then these fluids intravenously will get her back to tip-top shape in no time." Dr. Martin adjusted the speed of the drip slightly. Liking the speed of the drip, she turned towards Arryn.

"I'm glad to hear that," Arryn said with a smile. She gazed at the sleeping woman with a sense of pride building up deep inside. Out of all the people she had lost, she saved almost just as many. Maybe she could make a difference in this condemned world. 

The door behind her creaked open to find Dante peeking his head through. A five o' clock shadow resting on his face. "Arryn, can I borrow you for a second?"

"Sure thing," Arryn replied, giving Dr. Martin a brief wave before exiting the room.  "What's up?"

"You need to be more careful," Dante whispered.

Arryn felt her heart pick up speed in her chest. "What?"

"People can't be trusted anymore. Anyone can turn on you in a matter of seconds if it saves their own skin. Self-preservation is all anyone cares about now a days."

"Not everyone is like that, Dante. She was in danger. I couldn't just leave her to die. That could have been anyone of us out there," Arryn said not backing down. She was tired of being told her good deeds were wrong.

"Your Father wanted me to look after you and keep you safe. I can't protect you if you won't protect your self first." Dante placed his hand on her shoulder tentatively. A somber look hid behind his russet brown eyes. He looked like he wanted to tell her something, but he shifted his gazed and removed his hand. "Just be careful. Okay?"

"Okay," Arryn said rather shortly. She was starting to get tired of everyone telling her how to live her life. "If you'll excuse me, I promised Trinity I would help her wash the newest batch of crops for dinner tonight." She brushed past him without giving him a chance to respond.

" She brushed past him without giving him a chance to respond