Chapter 6

I was the last to wake up in the morning, once again. I tend to be a late sleeper, but I was especially worn out from last night. After a quick shower, I pulled my hair into a high pony and slipped on a pair of dark skinnies and a My Chemical Romance shirt. The guys were watching TV in the living room. I stole a quick glance at Harry, his brown hair messily pushed up in the most gorgeous way, before plopping down on the couch next to him.

“Good afternoon, Emma!” Tom teased. Was it really that late? I glanced at the clock.

“Whoops…”

“How did you sleep?”

I suppressed a grin at the memory and saw Harry trying to do the same, making my straight face even harder to keep.

“Good,” I casually replied with a shrug.

“I bet it was.” Danny remarked, narrowing his eyes. I began to panic. Did he know?

“What makes you say that?” I asked cautiously.

“You didn’t have to try to sleep with Tom snoring next to you!”

I let out a sigh of relief. A buzzing on my thigh alerted me of a new text message.

‘Close one, huh?’

It was from Harry. I didn’t reply, but flashed a smile at him. A little while later, we all decided to have some lunch. Tom begged me to make my ‘famous’ chicken parmesan, and I had no choice but to agree. How could you say no to that cute smile of his?

“I’ll need to go to the store and get ingredients,” I told him.

“I, um, already got stuff,” Tom said sheepishly.

“Hey! What if I had said no?”

“Aw, Emma, I know you too well. You can never resist me!”

Wanker,” I muttered under my breath.

“Hm, what was that I just heard?”

“Oh, shut it!”

I couldn’t help but burst out in laughter. Tom joined in, his laugh a higher pitch than mine, making me laugh even harder. When my laughter finally came to an end, I got up to get the oven started.

“Where are you going?” Tom asked.

“To make your bloody chicken!”

“Oh, right.”

I was in the process of sautéing the chicken when Harry came into the kitchen. He wrapped his arms around my waist from behind and rested his chin on my shoulder. I felt his lips barely graze down my ear before planting a small kiss on the spot where my jaw met my neck. I frowned when he pulled away from me.

“Wouldn’t want you to mess up that lovely dish of yours,” Harry said with a cheeky grin.

I pouted at him as he left the kitchen and resumed my work browning the chicken. I transferred the chicken into a casserole dish with a layer of tomato sauce before placing it in the oven. It needed about 20 minutes to cook, so after cleaning up a little bit, I decided to head back to the living room. Right before turning the corner, I heard my name being used in whatever conversation was going on.

“So what’s going on with you and Emma?” I heard Tom ask.

“What makes you ask that?” Harry replied.

“I don’t know…you guys have been acting weird. Do you like her?”

“I promise you, mate, that I don’t. You know I would never do anything like that. I hardly even know her.”

“So, no feelings for her?”

“None at all.”

Quietly, I turned around and went up to my room, slamming my door. God, I was pissed. The stupid bastard was just using me.

A/N: Sorry for the shortness!