Chapter 7

Tom came into my room a few minutes later.

“Food is ready!”

“You guys eat without me,” I gave a fake cough. “I’m still feeling sick from yesterday. I’m going to take a nap or something.”

Tom looked concerned. “Do you want me to get you anything? Medicine, juice, more blankets?”

“No, I’m alright. Thanks though.”

I got up to lock the door after he left. I was so done with men. First Michael and now Harry. And I had actually thought that Harry was different. I should have known better. Around half an hour later, I heard heavy footsteps walking up the staircase and eventually a knock at my door.

“Emma, are you awake?” It was Harry. He tried the doorknob to find it was locked. “Emma? We’re leaving, and I wanted to say bye.”

I didn’t reply, I just let him think that I was asleep. A few moments later, I heard those same footsteps walk down the stairs. When I heard the front door shut, I got out of bed and unlocked my door. Tom came back up to my room, sitting on the edge of my bed.

“Are you ok?” He could tell that I wasn’t; he knew me too well.

“Not really.”

Tom put his arm around me, letting me rest my head on his shoulder.

“Hey, Tom?”

“Mhm?”

“Will you play me something?” I looked up and gave him my best puppy dog eyes. “Please?”

“Yeah, of course.”

He quickly left to grab his guitar before returning to sit on my bed. “What do you want me to play?”

“Hm…POV?”

“Alright. I haven’t played it in a while, but I can try…” Tom’s voice trailed off until his eyes met mine. “Is this because of Michael?”

“Yeah.” I said with a sigh. It wasn’t a total lie. I was upset because of his best friend as well…Tom just didn’t need to know that.

I'm looking at you from another point of view, 
I don't know how the hell I fell in love with you, 
I'd never wish for anyone to feel the way I do.

“You know he didn’t -and still doesn’t- deserve you.” Tom told me, after finishing the song.

“Thank you,” I said, rested my head on his shoulder again. “For everything.”

“Don’t mention it.”

We stayed in silence for a few moments, both of us deep in thought. It wasn’t until Marvin decided to join us that Tom said something.

“The boys and I are going to the studio tomorrow to record some songs and stuff, do you want to come with?”

“Aw Tom, sorry I can’t! I have to work Mondays through Wednesdays, remember?” I had never been so thankful for my work before. I would actually prefer waiting tables to seeing Harry at the moment.

“Oh, right.” I felt a little bad watching his face fall. “Maybe next time then?”

“Yeah! Sounds good.”

“Alright,” he said with a smile. “I like this- just spending the day relaxing. It’s a nice break from everything.”

I nodded my head in agreement. Tom started playing with my curls, bouncing the brown ringlets. I was used to it; people played with my hair all the time.

“Boing!” he said with a laugh. “I’m going to make some tea. Want some?”

“Yes, please! Two sugars.”

“I know, I know.”

I sprawled out across the bed and buried my head in my pillow. My groan at hearing my phone go off was muffled.

“What do you want from me?” I muttered, annoyed.

It was a text from the wonderful Harry Judd.

‘Hey Emma :-)’

As trifling as it sounded, I really hated when people put stupid noses in their smiley faces. I guess it fit him well. I shut my phone off, not wanting to deal with him at the moment. Or ever for that matter.

A/N: Sorry for another short chapter! This one was a bit of a filler, there should be a good amount of drama in the next one! (;

Thanks to everyone who commented on the last chapter!