Pecks and Giggles

The car ride to school with Gino was mostly silent since I was still mad about last night.

"Why do you care about me so much again?" I said breaking up the completely awkward silence, "I completely flaked on our date and went to a party instead I wasn't even mad about you asking that I just wanted to leave."

"It's fine," he said cooly.

Why was nothing getting to him? Most of the boys around here would've been long gone after me leaving the date.

"Why don't you care about any of that?" I asked.

"Maddie you probably won't get it," he said focusing on the road.

"Just try to explain it," I said trying to wrap my head around this whole obsession with me.

Gino stopped the car on the side of the road and looked at me.

"I've seen plenty of kidnapping movies to know that this is never good," I said looking around to see if there were any witnesses of Gino slowly stabbing me to death or something.

"No Maddie it's not that," Gino said looking into my eyes.

No, no I've seen this before this happened way too many times for me to not be aware what's going to happen right now. He was going to kiss me. But something inside of me didn't wanna do anything about it.

"Then what is it like?" I said playing into it something made me wanna kiss him.

He closed his eyes and leaned in and pecked me on the lips.

A PECK! A LOUSY LITTLE PECK! WHAT THE HELL IS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN?

"I'm confused," I said, "what is a peck supposed to mean the last time I pecked someone was probably in the 7th grade."

"Maddie, I like you," he said.

I didn't know what to say, people didn't tell you that they liked you anymore. So I decided to pretend like I didn't hear what he said.

"Maddie, I like you," he said a little louder as he turned into the school parking lot.

"I'm sorry, I just don't know what to say," I jumped out of the car and ran to find Christina and Jessie.

"Wow, look who showed up," Christina said sarcastically.

"Sorry I didn't even plan on coming today but that stalker kid Gino came to my house and picked me up!" I said.

"What the hell who let him in?" Christina said.

"No one!" I screamed, "he found the key under my mat and let himself in. And you wouldn't even guess what he did to me on the way here!"

"Did he try to do the dirty in the back seat?" Jessie asked.

"No. Mike is the only one who tries to do the dirty in the backseat," I joked, "he pecked me on the lips to show his affection."

Christina started to choke on her drink and Jessie fell to the ground from laughing so hard.

"A peck!" they said in between laughs, "what is this the 7th grade?"

"That's what I said!" we all continued laughing.

"I didn't know that I was that big of a joke," Gino said from behind me.

Shit.