Last Dance

"Wow look who actually decided to pick me up tonight," Christina said hopping in my car.

"It's been a weird last could of days," I said shaking my head as I pulled out of her long winding driveway.

"Stalker kid still on your back," she said eating her granola bar.

"His name is Gino," I said cooly.

"Aw does wittle Maddie have a wittle crush on wittle Gino?" she teased, "what are you guys gonna do? Peck behind the bleachers at pep rallies next to Handjob Haley?"

"I don't appreciate the sarcasm," I said rolling my eyes.

"Well what are you doing tonight?" she asked throwing her wrapper on the floor of my car.

"Can you pick that up?" I said glancing down at the granola bar wrapper sitting at the bottom of my car floor.

"What's gotten into you lately?" she said reaching down and picking it up, "has stalker b- I mean Gino gotten into you, literally."

"You're disgusting sometimes Xtina," I laughed.

"Well what are you doing tonight?" she asked again.

Dancing with Gino but there's no way in hell I was actually gonna tell her that.

"My moms working late tonight and Kenzie's babysitter is sick so now I have to watch her," I moaned.

"Can't she stay home alone or something? Isn't she like 11 or something. When I was 11 I was secretly drinking my moms tequila," Christina laughed.

"I think the thing is my mom doesn't want her to turn out like me, Kenzie is still in the golden child stage she wants to cherish it while she can," I said.

"When the kid goes to sleep there's a party at Josh's," Christina said.

"Ill try," I said turning into the parking lot, "do you ever wonder what Paige does when Josh has his parties?"

"Since when did you start caring about them so much?" Christina said giving me a weird look, "probably sit in her room and help Chloe put her head gear on."

Jessie came running over from the court yard breaking up her PDA with her boyfriend Mike.

"So I'm presuming that you guys are going to Josh's tonight?" she said as we stepped out of my car.

"Maddie can't go she has to babysit her sister," Christina said in a teasing way.

"You know what, I can definitely come she goes to sleep at 8," I said brushing my hair off my shoulder.

"Perfect," they said.

****

I looked around to make sure that no one saw me when I arrived at Gino's house and knocked on the door.

"I was hoping that you would come," he said opening the door for me to come in. His house wasn't really decorated yet figuring that they just moved in they were kind of living out of boxes at this point.

"The only thing is I have to get my sister at dance at 6:30," I lied so I could leave in enough time to not run into anyone on the road and get ready for Josh's.

"That's more than enough time to do what we need to do," he said leading me into his basement which was basically just wood floors and mirrors on one of his walls. Gino walked to his radio and put on a slow song for us to dance to. He held out his hand and I gently placed mine on top of his. Gino placed his hand on the lowers of my back and pulled me in close to him.

"C'mon Mads I know you know what to do," he whispered into my ear. Gino brushed my hair from my face and led me in a series of dips and turns. Then when we started getting in the rhythm of it he added in some lifts and more intricate ball room moves.

As the song came to an end, he dipped me down and pulled me into a kiss just like our dance we had when we were younger. But this time it was a long passionate perfect kiss.

"Was this one better?" he asked.