U R A QT 3.14

"You're late," Gino said as I walked into work.

"Five minutes," I said rolling my eyes, "it's not like they can even fire me. Word around is that their hiring people without even applying."

"Well you're lucky I clocked you in," he said smiling, "on time too."

"You're not mad at me?" I asked referring to the events that happened this afternoon which I did feel guilty about that, "because if you are I'm really sorry about that I didn't mean it's just that I had to tell my friends and I knew they would find it funny so I made it a joke too -"

"Maddie, it's okay," he said putting his hand on my shoulder. I felt electricity shock through my body with his touch.

"Well are we gonna make up that dinner tonight?" I said hanging my coat up on the coat rack.

"Maddie Ziegler wants to go to dinner...with me? Am I hearing this right I thought I was a joke," he joked.

"I thought we were over that," I said nudging him in the arm.

"We are, now but I think we're gonna have a change of plans about that dinner though," he said looking up at the ceiling.

"Are you really standing me up? Because like 5 minutes ago you wanted to go to dinner with me if this is some twisted revenge... I swear," I threatened him.

"It's not I just have a new idea of how I would like to be repaid," he said with a smirk slowly growing on his tanned face.

"And that is...?"

"Maddie Ziegler, I want you to dance with me," he said with a serious look on his face.

I laughed a little bit, "so really where are we gonna go to dinner?" I said attaching my name tag to my red Staples polo shirt, "wait you're not kidding?"

"No I'm not."

"But Gino I haven't danced in years, I probably suck. I don't even know what to wear I grew out of all of my dance stuff," I said trying to get myself out of this. Why did he even want me to dance so badly. I found that particularly odd.

"You don't have to wear anything special, just come to my house tomorrow after school, promise?" he said now putting his shiny new name tag on his crisp red barely worn polo.

"Yeah, sure, promise but why?" I asked.

"Maddie! Gino! What's the hold up they need you out on the floor!" our manager Jerry shouted from his office.

"Looks like we have to go," Gino said walking out of the break room and out into the store, "how may I help you today?" he said to a random costumer who was looking at pencil cases.

He turned back and smiled at me looking very pleased with him self. I looked back at him with an annoyed look on my face and went to my register.

****

"Id like to buy this," a male voice said at my register, "sorry sir, my register is about to- Gino, you're such a goof," I said smiling sheepishly at the 'U R A QT 3.14' magnet he was trying to check out- obviously trying to flirt.

"Here take it, its probably free or something with my employee discount," he said handing me the magnet and I slipped it in the back of my khaki pants pockets. t

"So why do you wanna dance with me again?" I said as Gino and I packed up to leave in the break room.

"Bye Maddie," he said clocking out and walking out the back door.

"Whatever Gino," I said beginning to clock out.

****

"How was work today Maddie?" my mom said as I walked in the house.

"Alright," I said hanging up my black north face jacket.

"I told you it would get better," my mom said.

"Yeah I guess you're right," I said running up to my room.

"Mommy, that's the most she said to us all year!" Kenz laughed and my mom giggled along with her. I smiled from the top of the steps but they didn't see me.

Could it be possible that Gino is doing this to me? Nah no way.

I started to change into my PJ's when the magnet slipped out of my khaki pockets. I picked it up and smiled then placed it on my mirror so I could see it everyday when I got ready for school.