Chapter 2: Fun

Beth's P.O.V

School is starting! Yay! Now all I have to do is survive high school!

Okay, I know you think that me saying this is ridiculous but I would love to be a normal teenage girl for once.

I know. But, I did street fighting, I was in a love pentagon or something, I was shot, I almost died, I somehow saved a bunch of people, I lost my parents, I almost lost my friends. I just want to relax. I want to go to all the best parties, I want to hang out with my friends and have sleepovers with my girls, I want to have dates with my boyfriend, I want to teach my little sister how to ride her bike without training wheels and stay out past curfew to go around town with my friends. I want a normal life.

I pack my bag and look at my boxing clothes that sit on my window sill.

I walk over to the neatly folded clothes and hand wrap and pick them up. I rub my thumb over the threads and hold it to my chest. Why am I so sad about leaving these behind. I get to start over. I get to live my life.

So why would I rather wear these to that old boxing place than wear ripped jeans to school?

No. We are starting over.

I set the clothes down and sling my backpack on and grab my phone before walking out my bedroom door and closing it behind me.

I sigh and quickly run back inside and grab my hand wraps.

"You never know," I say quickly as I stuff them into a small pocket inside my bag before heading back out a bit happier this time and head downstairs.

I throw some bread in the toaster, setting my phone on the counter and see Raine coming down in her back to school clothes.

She has a really cute black and white pair of leggings on and a black shirt with some word in white on it.

"Look at you!"

She does a little twirl and almost knocks herself over with her heavy bag but quickly regains her balance.

"That didn't happen!"

"Uh huh. Keep telling yourself that."

"Hey," she says, before ramming into the side of me.

I quickly hip check her back and almost send her flying.

I quickly turn to the toaster and grab my toast before handing her a piece.

"I gotta go, yell at Leo to take you to school, okay?"

"Kay," she says with a sour look before running off.

I smile and take a bite out of my toast before grabbing my keys and heading to my motorcycle.

The ride seemed quicker than usual today but when I pull up, the only person I see is Gray.

I pull up and shut off my bike before turning to him.

"Hey, do you know where everyone else is," he quickly asks me.

"Not sure, have you checked your phone?"

"No, my phone hasn't been working here lately and I haven't even been able to get on it."

"Huh, hold on, I'll check mine."

I quickly sling my backpack over my shoulder and go to check my pocket.

"I guess Ieft mine at home," I mumble to myself.

"Great."

"I'm sure they'll show up."

"Should we wait for them?"