Chapter 5: What I want

"Why do you wanna learn to fight? Is someone picking on you?"

"No, but you always know what to do and I want to too."

"Honey, I never know what I'm doing."

"Can you teach me anyway?"

"Only if you give me a proper reason."

"I wanna be just like you when I'm older."

"You should want to be better then me, I have done some things I'm not proud of. You have, a whole life ahead of you. You're smart enough to be whatever you want to be, you don't need to be a fighter."

"Well, can I learn because I want to? And just in case?"

I get up and walk over to her to see her fists wrapped in scarves.

I sigh and slighly shake my head at her. 

"Alright, I'll teach you a thing or two but since it's already getting late so tonight I'll teach you how to wrap these properly," I say as I grab her hands and she giggles.

I go to the area under my bay window where I keep all of my things and pull out some wraps for her hands. 

"Take a seat."

I neal in front of her and take off the scarves before I get ready to wrap her hand.

"A loop around the thumb and carry it to the back of the hand, not the palm, then to the wrist to wrap it three times. Go to the back of the hand and wrap your knuckles three times,  make an x on the back of the hand. Go between each finger to the index finger, repeat the 'x', go around the knuckles twice, and you are done. Got that?"

She stares at me blankly.

"No."

"Alright, let's try this, the bunny goes around the big tree till it reaches the valley and hops three times.  It goes and jumps over each small hill the same and crisscrosses over the plains before weaving between the trees and crisscrosses again, going over the plains till you're done."

She nods a bit more understandingly and I un-wrap her hands and let her try again.

It takes a while but she finally gets it and can do it fairly quickly and tightly.

"Good job, it's almost nine so why don't you keep those and take them off and I'll show you more another time."

"Okay!"

She gives me a quick hug before taking off to her room and I smile before looking back to my phone.

That's right, fear me. I know how to fight.

I leave it to die tonight and don't put it on the charger. But it buzzes.

###: Charge your phone tonight, you are going to be having a very interesting day tomorrow.

I scowl at the message and turn off my phone before I put it on the charger.

I fall into my bed and turn off my lights and turn away from my phone.

And it was that moment that I realized I wasn't going to sleep.

oOoOo 6 am oOoOo

I wake up drenched in my own sweat and my stomach feeling like it's been turned inside out or as if I had just been gutted.

I spring to my feet and rush into the bathroom and in seconds my stomach decides to throw away whatever I had put into it.

I can't help but feel a sense of Deja Vu. My own feelings making me sick.