Chapter 3: Carrots

Beth's P.O.V

We were able to get the pictures and video's taken down fairly quickly but that doesn't change the fact that a ton of people saw them. 

You know, home school might be nice.

I pace back and forth in my living room waiting for our friends to show up.

Who could this person be? Henry is to dumb to figure out something this elaborate.

"How long has she been pacing like this," I hear Raine ask.

"About half an hour," Gray says casually while sitting on the couch.

It couldn't be any of our friends, why would they target themselves? That makes no sense unless they wanted to not be suspicious. But they have no motive.

"I made myself some sandwiches and juice in the kitchen in that time. You're welcome to have one," Leo says as he sits beside Gray.

I hear Raine walk off and just ignore them as I try to think.

But could Gage or someone in his group have done it?

No, they are too dumb for that.

What about at the orphanage? I angered a lot of people there, but none of them even live in this town anymore and whoever this is has to go to our school, those were the only people at that party. But who would go through all this trouble and hacked into Willow's phone to get pictures of her?

"Do you think she has any idea of who it is by now?"

"Maybe, she's pretty good at putting stuff together."

Maybe it's someone from elementary school, or could it have been my old dad? No that's just weird. He wouldn't go that far. Maybe someone I know hired someone else! Well, that could work but that would require trust to not turn on them and I don't know anyone who would go through all that trouble.

"Any idea when your friends will be here?"

"Any second now."

Maybe it could be-

I quickly snap my head up and run up to my room.

"Beth!"

I hear them chase after me and I go to my old backpack from grade school and it out, sending dust everywhere making me sneeze before I unzip it and pull out twelve different books.

Leo and Gray quickly rush in.

I look through them before grabbing grade fourth, fifth, and sixth.

"What are you doing?"

"Hold on," I say quickly as I flip through the pages and open them all to the same pages and grab my sharpie from my desk.

I quickly pull out my phone though and take out the battery and set it on my bed beside each other.

"Gray, do you remember Devis? He was the weird one in class who had an obsession with creating and talking in his own languages and getting mad at people who told him to stop?"

"What about him?"

"Look!"

They both look down and I point to his picture in each one. By each picture was a random picture that looked like something out of one of his many made up languages.

"Okay?"

"Remeber how you guys would always tell him to stop bugging other people and when I shut him down?"

"Yeah, I guess?"

"Well, him and Henry were best of friends ever since diapers till he moved away in the summer between sixth and seventh grade."