Chapter 6: Wall

Beth's/Maya's P.O.V

A gunshot rings and I feel the impact on my gut but instead of a normal stinging, tearing pain I feel it like a sharp hit to the stomach and ringing fills my ears.

I groan and look down to see no blood but instead, a bullet wedged into my jacket. Bulletproof trench coat huh?

I quickly cover it up and fall to the floor and curl up into a ball and try to make it look like I hold the blood in when I curl up.

The sound of footsteps come closer to me and I stay curled up as my bag is on top of me. I sneakily reach my hand inside to grab my pocket knife. 

They come closer and I quickly hook my foot around one of the guy's leg and trip him as I stand up and throw a hard punch into the guy beside him and duck under a hit coming from behind.

"Don't kill her yet," the man laughs out as someone begins to bang on the doors.

"Reinforcement is here Beth, don't worry."

"Oh yeah, totally not worried even though I am taking all of these guys out."

"WHAT!?"

The punch goes over my head to hit that same guy again and I let him fall as I throw an elbow into the guy behind me where I can before they drop and another is incoming at me.

I dodge under his arms and stand up, headbutting him in the nose before kneeing him and making him bend over in time to elbow him in the back and send that same arm as an uppercut to the next person.

I bring that same arm around but this time with my blade from my pocket knife out and slice the arms and sides of two more men. The next two rush at me and stay light on my feet and dodge under their arms before hitting a pressure point in the shoulders on both of them, disabling their arms for about an hour.

Another man surprises me though and throws a punch right to my lip and I can feel my bottom lip swelling. I quickly throw a punch right into him and knock him down. 

Ten down, twenty to go.

The doors soon burst open and bullets rain and I instinctively drop to the floor but see Ralph run towards the back door. I ready my pocket knife and throw it and end up hitting him in the back getting the others attention on him and they shoot him as well.

I start to feel tired when I notice smoke filling the room and the guys with guns are wearing gas masks.

They come closer to me but with my ears ringing from the gunshots I stand up and move away from them, not even able to hear that scumbag talking to me through an earpiece but I know he's saying something.

The men's faces are covered and only then do I realize my hat is gone and my face is revealed.

I pull my fists up, ready to defend myself before I am grabbed under the arms from behind but I let my body go limp and escape before doing a summersault forward and hitting one of the guys the face, causing his mask to break and him to go flying backward but at that point all my energy is gone.

Despite my efforts to stay awake and fight back, closing my eyes just feels so nice and the next time I blink I don't try to open them again and I feel my legs go soft and cause me to hit the ground. I'll fight when I wake up, I can't right now. This gas is making me weak and tired to stand up even if I needed to.

Blackness engulfs my vision and next thing I know, I'm in the passenger's seat of my car at my school and I shoot up straight in my seat.

I look around before checking the clock. I have three hours left of school.