09 || Super West

IMPORTANT: I accidentally uploaded the chapter which should have come after this, but I unpublished it so here is chapter nine which should have been the one to be uploaded! :) Thanks to @XxxMagnificentxxX for pointing it out!

09 || Super West

         "Hello, Auntie Em!" Kira called out upon entering the house. She heard a muted response from inside and assumed that West's mother was in the basement. "No hurry, I'm just gonna freshen up!"

         West locked the door behind them and Kira stretched in the air-conditioned hallway. She was on her tip-toes and sniffing the air when he laughed.

         She cocked her head at him, and a small, embarrassed smile tugged on her lips. "What?"

         West shrugged and played with his cap in his hands. "I just realized something," he said. They walked together to the kitchen which was aromatic with the scent of Auntie Em's chicken wings.

         He pulled out Kira's chair for her before he sat down himself and continued. "I was going to lead you to the bathroom to freshen up but then I realized that you've been in my house longer than I have."

         He scratched the back of his head abashedly and Kira stretched out a hand to cover his and gave him a tired smile. "I even know the way to your bed."

         West's jaw dropped. There was an audible sound of his intake of air and Kira shook herself awake. "No!" she blurted out. "Not like that."

          cheeks were their rouge color again and Kira sank low into her seat.

         "Kira?" West sounded hesitant.

         She forced herself to look at him. There was something she noticed about herself - she never looked people in the eye. Now, she focused on the bow shape of his lips. It didn't help her thoughts for a second.

         "What?" she said.

         "Where are you going to sleep?"

         "In the guest roo- oh." There was no more guest room. There was only a West room. Kira couldn't help but chuckle at her rhyming thoughts.

         West gave her a look which showed his doubt of her sanity. "Alright, up you get. I'll wake you up for dinner."

         Gratitude washed over her like a wave, and Kira gave West a soft press of her lips against his cheek. "Thank you."

         The sheets in the room hadn't been changed since she had stayed the night a few weeks ago when her father was on a business trip. However, the entire room felt different.

         Kira could see plaid shirts and jeans through the cracked closet door and the pillows smelled of West when she covered her face with them. It didn't help her sleep, but soon she was awoken to darkness coming through the windows and shadowing West's silhouette.

         He was courteous enough not to flip on the lights and keep his voice to a whisper. "Kira, are you up? Do you want to bring dinner upstairs?"

         She rubbed at her eyes and heaved herself onto her elbows. West leaned against the door with crossed arms and a smile. "Good something, Sleeping Beauty. Dinner in bed, I take it? Mum is out with a friend so we don't have to worry about being caught in bed," he announced before his eyes widened suddenly. "Caught in bed with food, I mean. Oh, and Trevor brought your brother home, so..."

         Kira groaned out loud and hit her forehead on her knees repetitively until she felt more than heard West laughing and pulling at her arms to sit her straight up. "Yes," she grumbled. "Dinner upstairs would be great."