Chapter 4

"Hello Mr. Arthurson. It is a pleasure to have you in this class. In this class, you will get a real feel of chemistry, what goes into it, stuff like that. This is a very hard class, and know if you fail to learn something, that is not acceptable. I take no excuses. There is no extra credit, no late homework, and no bs. Please, find a seat, pull out a notebook, and get ready to learn. I will expect you to get previous notes from my previous classes from one of your peers. Good way to get to know someone," Mr. Melsbach said to me, and the counselor pat me on the back, nodded at the teacher, and left. I sat down in an open seat, right next to Gabby (God must love a good cliché). I pulled out a notebook and a pencil, flipped until I was near the middle of my notebook, and wrote down the notes on the board. Why flip until I was near the middle? Well, I didn't know how many notes I missed, and I wanted the notes in the order they were given, so going near the middle would make sense. I wrote down the notes including little things I caught from the teacher, and then the bell rang.

    "Make sure you have this stuff ready for tomorrow, we might have a quiz," Mr. Melsbach said, and then let us leave. I gathered up my stuff, looked at my schedule (I had gymnastics next, that was the apparent talent I had in order to get into this school), and walked out of the class.

    "Hey Leo, wait up," I heard a female voice call. I froze in my tracks, almost wanting to scream. This girl didn't have the right to call me Leo.

    "My name is Leonard. Not Leo. Leonard. L E O N A R D," I said, turning to the girl. Guess who it was? It was Gabby.

    "Oh, I'm sorry, I assumed you had the nickname of Leo," she said, giving me a look like, 'that was rather petty of you'.

    "I didn't mean to snap at you. People that are very close to me earn the right to call me Leo, such as my best friends or if I had people in my extended family, or my siblings. In my family first names are a big thing," I said.

    "Huh. Didn't know that. That's pretty neat," she said.

    "So... What do you need?" I asked.

    "Huh? Oh, yea! I was going to say that you could take my notes and copy them down. I was also going to say that you don't have to worry much about Mr. M. He says all that stuff about no bs and no extra credit just so the counselor doesn't get him fired or something. His class is hard, but we get chances to make up tests, get extra credit, and he does have a late work policy. You lose ten percent every day it is late," She said.

    "Oh... okay... thanks..." I said. I was not much of a social person unless I needed to be. I was more introverted to be honest, so I was starting to get uncomfortable.

    "Yea! No problems! Here are my notes, and if you need any help, just come find me!" She said, and started walking off.

    "Uh, excuse me, you didn't give me your name," I said.

    "Oh, my name is Gabriella Estrella, but everyone calls me Gabby," she said, and with that walked away.

    "Strange girl," I thought to myself.

    "What were you doing talking to her, punk?" I heard a rude voice say behind me. I turned to see a muscular guy.

    "Well great, just what I needed, a jealous boyfriend to ask why I'm talking to his girl," I thought to myself.

    "What is it to you, punk?" I asked. Sometimes I need to learn to shut my mouth.

    "That is my girl," he said. Yes she is, and I will be leaving now.

    "Okay, punk, that can be changed. What are you? A football player? How'd you end up in this prestigious academy? You sound stupider than a piece of shit," I said. God damn it, I really, really, really need to learn not to do this. Also, what do I have against football players?