Chapter 16

"Ahh rubbish mate, just try it! It's not like you are eating bollocks or anything," Will said.

    "No, that's not why I'm worried," I said distracted, as Tristen got closer.

    "Don't be a damp squib! Just have a gander at it! Ay mate, don't look now, but it looks like a kerfuffle is headed this way," Will said nodding as Tristen sat down beside me. I gave Will a look that I hoped said to him, "No dip Sherlock."

    "Hello Tristen. Do you need something...?" I asked.

    "I heard you were walking with my fiancé," he said with a deadly look. He looked so serious that I couldn't help it, and I burst out laughing, my laughter causing Will to laugh with me.

    "Who... ha ha ha ha... who in their right mind... ha ha ha ha... would say yes... ha ha ha ha... to you?" I asked, laughing my ass off the whole time, mirth in my eyes. Yes, I know I'm an asshole at times, but you really can't blame me.

    "Ha ha ha ha, they must have lost the plot mate... ha ha ha ha... because he is absolutely... ha ha ha... minging!" Will exclaimed, causing both of us to convulse into more laughter. Even if some of the shit Will says makes no sense what so ever, he was still a pretty good friend and I was glad to have someone to laugh with.

    "Shut up! Both of you!" Tristen barked at us. It took a moment, but we both managed to stop laughing.

    "So who is the... hmmph... lucky girl...?" I asked, trying not to burst into laughter all over again.

    "Gabriella Estrella, if you must know," he said smugly. My heart dropped, and I felt cold and clammy.

    "Seriously mate? I can't believe you won her over proper jammy," Will said with disbelief. Proper Jammy? What the heck does that even mean? Is this guy even British?

    "Believe it, mate," Tristen said in a mocking British voice, then laughed, got up from the table, and walked off.

    "Well, at least he forgot to throw a wobbly on us, right? This is a real cock up..." Will said.

    "Yeah... sure..." I said quietly. Beside Will's... gibberish... I felt... empty. Like Gabby filled something inside me. But I don't really care about her... right?

    "Don't be a blue bloke now! Not like you cared much anyways," Will said, as if he read my mind. We sat there in silence for a moment, and the bell finally rang.

    "Well, I'll see ya later," Will said, and walked off. I went through the rest of my day dazed. Even in Chem. With Gabby, I didn't speak much, and avoided eye contact as much as I possibly could. Finally, the last bell rang. Like a machine, I went to my locker got my stuff, and left the school. I didn't feel like being Knifeslinger at the moment, so I took the long way home, aka walking. This might take me quite a few hours. I got about five miles when a car came behind me and started honking. I walked over to the driver's side to see Marie at the wheel.

    "Get in," she ordered. I didn't really want to ride with her but something about her tone told me that I needed to get in. I walked to the passenger side and got in.

    "Something is up, and you better tell me now or I will jump out of this car," I told her.

    "Don't be smart with me, now you better answer my questions honestly, because you are in some deep shit," she stated angrily, shooting me a dirty look occasionally.

    "What are you talking about?" I asked.

    "I'm asking the questions here. Where were you Saturday and Sunday?" she asked me.