Chapter 19

"Are you Gabriella Estrella?" a strange girl asked me.

    "Yes?" I answered, confused.

    "You need to come with me," she said.

    "Why? Who are you?" I asked.

    "My name is Marie Quintina. You do know Leonard, right?" she asked me.

    "Yes I do... is he okay?" I asked.

    "I don't know... he isn't at his home, or taking my calls..." she said.

    "Are you his girlfriend?" I asked, my heart dropping slightly.

    "What? No! Not anymore," she said. I don't know why but I found some satisfaction from hearing that, and my mood brightened instantly.

    "So he wasn't at the orphanage?" I asked her.

    "Orphanage?" she said confused.

    "Yeah, the orphanage. Tristen told me that he went to an orphanage. He was going through his student files for some reason," I said.

    "Ugh, that asshole? He was trying to talk dirty with me the other day," she said.

    "Tristen? No, you must be thinking someone else," I said.

    "Nope. Same Tristen dear," she said.

    "No, it can't be. I know Tristen has gotten into a few little fights but he's a good kid," I said, my voice raised a little bit.

    "I'm telling you, princess, this boy is no good, I don't care what kind of messed up perfect world you live in, but Tristen is a fuckboy no matter what ya think," Marie said sassily. I was taken aback.

    "I... I..." I started to say, but I just decided to walk away.

    "If you hear from Leo let me know," she shouted as I walked away. 

    I was going to go to my first period, but I couldn't stop thinking about Leo. He has been gone from school for a few days. What if something was really wrong? I decided that I would go and look for him. I signed out at the student services window, got in my car, and started driving. I drove for a good half hour before I realized that I didn't know where to go. What did Tristen say to me in the record room?

    "Look at this Gabby," Tristen said.

    "What's that?" I asked.

    "That dweeb Leonard's file," Tristen said.

    "He's not a dweeb," I said giggling.

    "He's an orphan, just like my mom said. Lives at the... Open Heart Orphanage. His parents were probably drunkards," Tristen said snickering.

    "Don't be rude now!" I said.

    "Sorry Gabs," he said with his smile. 

    Man, that smile was a great smile. Even if I never loved him, he was a good friend to me. Just to find out he is a complete ass hole. Open Heart Orphanage. Time to put that in my GPS, and get going.

"Turn left," the GPS said, and I turned left. After twenty or so directions, I finally arrived at the orphanage. Something about this place seemed familiar.

"The pretty lady is here again!" I heard a little voice say.

"It can't be," I muttered to myself.

"Ah Miss. Gabriella! You came back!" Paige said.

"Hello Paige..." I said, walking inside the orphanage. It was the same as I remembered, run down but still holding together.