the new runt

Rain sat at the feet of the animal rescue center's manager's feet. He was a skeleton wolf but different, he was a dire wolf. He was one of the largest, if not the largest wolf there was. He was rescued from potchers and thankfully made it out with just a bullet wound in the leg. His ears flick up as he hears snarling from a box as rescuers drag it, it was a rather large box so it peeked their interest and the snarling sounded like it came from a beast. He stood up and trotted to the box and sniffed it out before one of the volunteers opened it up and snared the angry beast with a snare pole and drug out..a small faded dark red matted furred, wound and bandage ridden weak excuse for a skeleton wolf.

The small runt snarled and fought against the rescuers before being put in a green fenced cage in the wall and he snarled more once it was locked. Rain went up to the small mutt and watched as he lifted his tail in defense and snarled before running and bashing his head against the fence. Rain laughed a bit as the people left. "You aren't getting out of that cage". "No shit fuckin big ass having large fluffy good fur fuck face!". The small mutt surprised rain with that insult before rain just cackled. "Oh your funny...really fucking funny" the smaller blushed really hard before attacking the fence trying to get to the dire wolf.

Rain chuckled before padding away from the cage and letting the rescuers deal with an angry shit lord. Rain went to his soft bed and curled up with a small smirk as his tail thumped. The smaller was quite cute, the way he got angry at him. The small tremble in his body. The loom he gave onto the messy being, and the voice. Rain's voice was deep and suave while the smaller's was higher pitched and cracked more. If he could he would mark the smaller. He would make sure the runt would have his scent on every fur and bone in his body. But that would be for another day.