the new alpha mate

A few weeks went by and Rufus and rain had learned something about the puppies. Scorpio was bigger than his sister scout, scorpio was suited to be the next alpha while scout was a different case. Scout was...very clumsy and derpy. She couldn't speak correctly and she was very odd, having different shades of purple and red patches on her fur while scorpio only had red to lighter red. Rain had left on a week hunting trip and Rufus was left to stay with the pups. When rain got back he was with another dire wolf and a dire puppy. Heading to Rufus to chat about something before going up to the top of the pack and announcing that this new dire wolf, 'kanel' was his new mate and should anyone try to stop him he would kill them, same would go for if they went after Rufus or the pups.

They let Rufus and the pups stay in their den while they set up a safe one, Scorpio and the other dire wolf pup, Helbrede were taking alpha lessons. Scorpio wasn't a good talker but it wasn't as bad as scout, he only talked slow while scout can't pronounce just about anything. While scout had trouble with everything a wolf needed to actually be good at something Scorpio was the better version of whatever his sister actually is. He wasn't the best with his soon to be pack and he didn't communicate with any of them except his mom, his dad, Mr kanel, scout and helbrede. They were the only real exceptions cause they were family anyone else can fuck right off. His sister on the other hand tries her damnst to piss people off. Though she doesn't mean it she is just too hyper and clumsy and she can barely be understood. And was currently chewing on his ear to which he backpawed her and pinned her down, snarling a little before she wagged her tail and licked his face to which his anger dropped cause, that is just how scout works she doesn't understand simple things and Scorpio at least understands that she needs to be thoroughly fixed before she can train with them. Rain walked up to Rufus as Rufus slowly sat up. "Come to your new den" rain led the three to an opening in the back of the trunk, heading down to a wide open cavern with sun seeking through the root of the large trunk it made the water in the spring in the cavern slowly glimmer, it wasn't a cave system just a simple air pocket in the ground. There was a few makeshift beds, for scorpio there was stolen curtain for a blanket and an old dog bed, for scout there were flowers up flowers just growing straight from the ground right beside Scorpio's bed and rufus was not too far away. Each bed was inside the wall where they dug it out, giveing them a small space to call there own a thin wall separated scout and scorpio. Rufus' bed was a bunch of dirty cloth piled upon each other and had a curtain hanging in front of the opening. It was rather homey and with the clean water from the cold spring and the promise of food it was perfect even with safety added.

Rain left the cavern to allow the three to get settled in, Scorpio layer in his bed and scout went in his and he couldn't say no to that small face and let her bundle beside him. Rufus bundles in his own bed and immediately attempts sleep which eventually steals them all. The ever death pack still expanding and the safety right under the trunk ment nothing but safety for him and his pups. He could remember crying over the fact rain had chosen another mate but he was quick to accept it cause at least he could still keep his pups. He would eventually find a mate but rain seemed to not allow any wolf near Rufus so getting a new mate might be hard. Right at the edge of ever death territory a large matted furry paw steps on the small bones of a dead animal as an evil cackle fills the air. Maybe it wasn't as safe as Rufus had thought.