In Which There is Arguing

4- In Which There is Arguing

With a heavy sigh, Pan threw the rag she had been cleaning tables with in the basket where the other dirty rags were. It was closing time, and the red sky was beginning to grow dark.

"Here ya go," Lex told Pan, handing her her earnings for the day.

"Thank you," Pan smiled, tucking the money into the inside pocket of her shorts.

Getting money daily was still something new to her, but instead of getting paid weekly, or biweekly, Saiyans paid daily. Lex has told her once that it was just the way it was, since Saiyans believed their work should be earned daily. It gave them motivation to try their best all the time.

"Hey Pan, your mate is here!" Zohl called, pointing to the door.

Pan turned, seeing Trunks' back as he stood a bit away from the door. It had been three days since he had told her about the rapist, and he had been adamant about walking her home nightly. She didn't mind it, actually she was thankful for it.

"He's not my mate," Pan told Zohl, for what felt like the hundredth time.

The older Saiyan had already teased her about Trunks being her 'bonded one' which in terms on earth would have just been boyfriend. But ever since Trunks started dropping her off and taking her home, 'bonded one' had turned to 'mate'.

"Yeah, yeah, sure," Zohl grinned, "whatever you say."

Pan let out a small huff, "I'm leaving for the night."

"Hey, don't forget, you're off tomorrow," Lex told her. "Zohl and I are closing the bakery for the day since we have to do a deep cleaning to prepare for Lord Frieza arrival soon."

A shiver ran down Pan's back... Of course, Frieza would be alive in this timeline. She swallowed heavily and nodded her head. "Yes, I remember. See you the day after, then."

As Pan walked out, Trunks turned and gave her a small smile. "You haven't been waiting long, have you?"

"Ah, no," he shook his head. "Just got here like a minute ago or so."

Pan nodded and they began their walk to the apartment. It wasn't a very long walk, ten minutes at most.

"Oh, by the way, I'm off tomorrow," she told him.

"Me too," he said. "We should check out the market, since you haven't been yet."

Pan's eyes lit up in excitement. Trunks was used to the market, since he ran through it daily with his squad, but she had only seen a portion of it before she found the bakery. She hadn't had a chance to visit it again since then.

"I would love that!" She beamed happily, before she suddenly remembered why she would be off... She frowned as she glanced at Trunks. "Lex said that Frieza will be arriving in a few days..."

Trunks stopped for a second, his eyes widening. He had heard countless of horror stories about the giant lizard, the main one being about how he destroyed Vegeta-Sei, and then attempted to do the same thing to earth. If it hadn't been for his Mirai counterpart, then earth might have no longer existed.

"You don't think..." Pan began, her voice gentle. "He's not going to blow up Vegeta-sei... is he?"

Trunks let out a heavy sigh, "we both know he is, Pan. We just don't know when..."

"I wish there was a way we could stop it," she mumbled.

"Me too," he replied, "but... we can't change anything," he told her. "There's no telling what we might mess up if we did."