In Which the Cell Games Begin

13- In Which the Cell Games Begin

Trunks was tempted to scream. He wasn't sure how he would face Gohan and not give himself away. Quickly he turned to face Pan, who seemed to be in just as much shock as he was.

"Maybe we can run?" Pan whispered with wide eyes.

"No," Trunks shook his head slowly. "That would make him suspicious."

"Trunks?" He heard Gohan call again and he winced. Gohan had always been like an older brother to him and though the roles were slightly different, Trunks felt bad for ignoring him.

"Hey, there you are!" Another voice added and Trunks tensed.

"Papa..." Pan whispered, shielding her eyes the best she could.

"Hey dad!" Gohan called back. "Look, I found Trunks!"

"We might have to run," Trunks grumbled.

"It looks like he's talking to someone," Goku chuckled. "Let's leave him for now. We'll meet back up with him later," he said.

"Oh, okay..."

Trunks felt a huge relief as his shoulders dropped. Did Goku really just help him...?

Slowly, he saw Pan turning around. "They're gone..."

"Okay, come on," he reached down and grabbed her hand. "Let's get the hell out of here before we really do run into anyone else."

"But where are we going?" Pan asked as she stayed in step beside him.

"We've got to find a place to stay for the next few days," he told her. "Preferably a nice hotel of some sort."

XxXxX

Pan glanced around the busy hotel lobby as she followed Trunks inside. It was the only hotel in West City that seemed to be opened and people of all sorts were rushing about.

"You guys still are renting rooms, right?" Trunks asked the clerk which name tag read 'Joa'. "Or are you all about to leave town as well?"

"No sir, we're not leaving," Joa smiled warmly.

"That's surprising," Pan commented.

"Well, my manager believes Cell is just another manic," he rolled his eyes. "And I believe it too. It's kinda crazy that he doesn't think anyone can stop him."

"Definitely crazy," Trunks agreed with a small smirk as he nodded his head.

"Anyways, you two aren't the only ones that have rented rooms wanting to be close to the action," Joa smiled. "We're actually pretty booked. So the only two rooms we have is a one-bed room and a two-bed room. Which would you like?"

"Two-bed room, please," Trunks said and Pan felt herself sighing in relief.

Her and Trunks had shared rooms since the time-traveling ordeal began, so she was perfectly okay with that. Sharing a room and sharing a bed though was two different things. She thought back to when she had woken up beside him when they were with their younger parents... He had looked so peaceful and he was warm.

Pan shook her head quickly to get the memory out of her mind. She couldn't think of that, not now or ever- Trunks had someone he liked! She had to remember that! More importantly, she had to remember that she didn't even like him- not like that anyways... Right?

"Panny."

She glanced up to see Trunks looking down at her with a warm smile. Suddenly her cheeks started growing warm as her eyes widened. Quickly she glanced away from him and cleared her throat. "Did we we get a room?"