In Which the Parents are Young

7- In Which the Parents are Young

"Do you think he's dead?" Whispered a curious voice. It sounded like a child's voice.

"Of course he's not dead, you idiot!" Huffed a familiar voice.

Trunks scrunched up his nose. He knew that voice... Where had he heard that voice before?

"Hello?" The child called.

Trunks felt a slap against his cheeked and he bolted up with a gasp. His eyes found the sky instantly. It was blue and there was only one sun which meant one things Earth. Home! He was back home!

"You idiot!" The familiar voice from earlier hissed. "Don't slap people when they're sleeping!"

Trunks felt a cold sweat run down his back. He knew that voice. Slowly, he turned his head to look at the two who had found him and his eyes grew large. It was his mother and Goku, and they were teenagers in the hunt for Dragon Balls!

"Hi..." Bulla greeted him with a shy smile.

Trunks felt himself cringing, his stomach churned slightly. This could not be happening. His teenaged mother could not start flirting with him, he'd throw up.

He let out a small sigh and knitted his brows together. The last thing he remembered was that he and Pan were on Vegeta-Sei... They were on Vegeta-Sri and Frieza had shown up. They avoided a planets destruction thanks to Kiba but now it seemed they were face-to-face with their teenaged parents.

Trunks glanced beside him so he could wake Pan, but she wasn't there. His eyes widened and panic begin to grow inside of him. He got up frantically as he searched for her.

"Pan?!" He yelled. His heart was pounding against his chest. What if she didn't make it off Vegeta-Sei? No... She made it, he was positive of it. But what if they got separated? She could be stuck in another timeline!

"Is Pan your name?" Goku asked curiously.

"No, that's who I'm trying to find! She's a woman, shoulder-length black hair and dark eyes. She's about this tall," he held a hand up to his chest. "Please tell me you've seen her."

"Nope," Goku answered. "We just happened to see you. We thought you were dead."

"You thought he was dead," Bulla corrected as she crossed her arms. "I knew he was still alive," she smiled at Trunks.

Trunks let out a low, annoyed groan. He had to find Pan and quick! They couldn't afford to be separated on a journey like this.

"Hey!" A voice called from a distance and they turned to see Yamcha and Puar walking up.

"Oh, so he decided to come back, huh?!" Bulma huffed and narrowed her eyes at Yamcha. Once she saw Trunks was looking at her she quickly uncrossed her arms and gave him a bashful smile.

Trunks wanted to scream. The day was just getting worse and worse.

"You'll never believe what just happened," Yamcha said. "This girl fell on me!" He pointed to his back where he was carrying an unconscious woman.

"Pan!" Trunks felt his whole body relaxing. She was okay! He rushed over to Yamcha and grabbed her off of his back.

"Hey-!" Yamcha began with a gasp.

"He knows her," Goku said. "He was just lookin' for her."

Trunks laid Pan on the ground gently and grabbed her wrist. Her heartbeat was slow as if she was sleeping and she was breathing peacefully. The jump must have knocked them both out.