Chapter 9 - Lucky Number

Louis grinned.

Ok, so it was smaller than what he was use to.

And it was temporary, until he finds somewhere suitable for the baby.

Well, maybe it would be?

It was three bedrooms after all?

And it was a penthouse apartment no less.

He’d decide later, closer to the time, when he had the furniture in the right places.

And everything he owned wasn’t in boxes making it hard to move.

He hadn’t even had Zayn’s approval on the apartment, he didn’t even know the address.

He was determined to do something on his own.

He opened a box, pulling out a bowl, and then grabbed the bag of stuff he’d brought from a shop, pouring out some frosties into the bowl.

“Shit! I forgot milk…” Louis groaned.

He wondered how nice his neighbours are…or the people downstairs as he had the whole floor to himself, as it was the top floor, the best in the building, with the elevator leading straight to the living room.

He got in the elevator, hitting the button that would take him one floor down. He stepped out into a hall with three doors.

Three apartments to choose from.

Well…

He looked at the numbers.

37, 38, 39.

He decided on thirty eight, it was his lucky number after all.

He knocked once and was greeted by a smiling boy, who was quite fit if Louis had to make a comment(which he didn’t, but he would anyway) and had brown hair.

“Umm…who are you here for?” Josh asked.

Both boys snapped their heads up as they heard sobbing.

“Sorry.” The guy said. “roommates going through a break up, I’m Josh” The guy said.

“um…I’m your new neighbour? Well…I’m upstairs, and I was wondering if I could borrow some milk?” Louis blushed.

“If you don’t mind seeing a grown man watching chick flicks and bawling his eyes out into a pot of ice cream, come on in. I’ll get you some”

Louis followed him in.

The boy walked through the living room, and froze in his tracks.

“What did you say your name was again?” Josh asked.

The boy on the couch looked up to see who the new comer was.

“Louis” Harry breathed. “Lou bear, you came back! You forgive me!” Harry said, he was up, Josh groaning as he dropped chocolate fudge brownie ice cream onto the white carpet.

Louis was in Harry’s arms, stiff as a board.

Harry was too happy to notice he wasn’t hugging back.

Pretty soon, with Harry’s tight embrace and sobbing happy tears against his neck, he melted into the hug.

“Knew it was my lucky number” Louis whispered, fighting a smile.

“What?” Harry said, looking up at Louis confused.

“thirty eight, it’s my lucky number, how I decided which apartment to come to, to ask for milk” Louis and Harry both chuckled.