90 days to live - Chapter 17

Please comment and vote your opinions:) (I probably won't sleep after writing this because I've frightened myself writing it at night)

Due to the request from @RadiantLove_ I just thought I'd let you know that I had an incredible (and extremely hot) time in Greece. Being both blond haired and blue eyed, my two sisters and I found ourselves making friends with a lot of the friendly waiters who learned our names and would always wave at us. I also had my first experience diving and I've decided to do a course to become a qualified diver so I can go on and explore coral reefs. I hope you guys had a nice week and without further ado, here is the next chapter.

My own birthday ruined.

He had to come back didn't he? I was sobering up from the unchartered depths of depression and he had to come back and ruin everything.

It's selfish but of whom I'm not sure. I should be grateful for another warrior, and a skilled one at that, to be added to our fleet. I should be delighted that we now have access to information from the Sicarii base. But he shouldn't have come - if he wanted to protect me, it's too late. He made me vulnerable to the worst infliction of all and still came back.

I decide I've expended enough energy for one morning and rub my face over with a towel. With most other Warriors in training sessions, ones that I should be overseeing, the gym is empty of other humans.

I pull out the ear buds I have in and relish in the tranquil atmosphere of the cool room. I heave the used weights back over to their stand and walk over to remove the sword from the chest of my target dummy.

I bend over to place the sword back in its metal case, a contraption that looks more suitable for carrying musical instruments when I hear the door creak open.

I have no doubt it's Kyle, come to apologise for my own grouchy behaviour earlier. I don't even bother to lift my head.

"I don't want a smartass mouth Kyle - I'm not in the mood." I say, flicking the locks on the case.

Only then, I raise my gaze to the mirror. I gasp in horror. The Auctor stands in the doorway, smirking sadistically.

My eyes widen in fright. How did he get here?

"Make one sound and you're dead." He says, brandishing a glinting dagger. That doesn't attract my attention as much as the enormous wrist watch on the end of his arm. The dirty silver colour and structure is something I've never seen before but I'm sure it was not made to tell the time.

I back up against the mirror as the Auctor proceeds. I open my mouth

"Not one word Lara Hall."

I'm trapped against the wall, breathing fast and heavily. I contemplate the idea of reaching for my sword but the idea is improbable. There's no way I'll reach the weapon before the Auctor reaches me.

"Now you see Lara Hall, we've had a break in at the Sicarii base. Since you've managed to retain the most valuable object to the Leto Rex." They rescued Ally! "It was decided we should be allowed this pathetic base's own asset. An eye for an eye if you will." He says, no smug smile even tracing his lips.