Chapter Five ... The Wedding

POV
A'mosh

It was the day before Stone Jr and Soren's wedding, most of my pack weren't going

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

It was the day before Stone Jr and Soren's wedding, most of my pack weren't going. The ones who were going took the van and headed to Mississippi the day before.

Shawn, Keaton, and I decided to drive separately. Adam and I were driving together.

I was in the process of explaining how packs work, explaining how my pack descended from the one we were visiting.

"What's it called again, the Bricks pack?" Adam asked. "No, the Brickston pack, they practically own the town named after them," I explained.

"A town full of werewolves? And nobody knows?" He asked. "Sure the government knows, but what are you going to do, we're in the government, hell there have even been Were presidents," I said.

"Are you shittin me?" Adam asked, going in his pocket and pulling out a pack of cigarettes and a lighter.

"No, you don't. Throw 'em out." I commanded. "What?!" He asked, "The cigarettes, throw 'em out, I don't want to be smelling that shit for the next two hours." I said.

"Yeah well, I need a drag, it's not my fault you're a fuckin dog." He spat. "I'm not a fuckin dog!" I shouted, squeezing the wheel.

He lit the cigarette, inhaling deep and blowing the smoke right in my direction. "Son of a bitch!" I shouted turning and plucking his cheek.

"Throw that shit out or I swear!" I snapped, "What are you gonna do, huh?! Hit me... Do it, I dare you!" He screamed back. He was so fuckin defiant.

I shook my head, continuing to drive, I wasn't going to actually hit him. No, I could seriously hurt him if I did, so instead, I internalized my rage, watching the road, while he smoked his Newport.

We continued driving in bitter silence for an hour, then a sign came, telling me that in half a mile there was a hotel. I was boiling mad, but surprisingly also extremely horny.

I sped up intent on confronting Adam in a safer space, one safer than my truck. "Would you slow down damn!" He hissed, and I snarled deeply, cutting my eyes at him.

I mean like a getaway driver, I swerved into the hotel parking lot, "Get out." I hissed. "Are you serious, so it's over... we're done. Just like that?" He asked, anger and hurt present in his bright eyes.

"What? No... We're gonna get a room and have a little talk." I clarified. He sighed, and it made me smirk, he was nervous, he didn't want us to be over... whatever us even meant. He liked me... That scared and excited me.

He got out and so did I, we walked over to the where the front desk was. "I don't see what we need to talk about." He said, tapping his foot, while I went to speak to the sour-faced man at the front desk.

"A room please," I said, trying to keep up my human side, I was agitated and Gore was on edge, one wrong move and my eyes would reveal my darker self.