Chapter Fourteen ... The Wolf Moon

POV
A'mosh

I was on edge because I hadn't had sex in three weeks, but, that was a small part of the problem

I was on edge because I hadn't had sex in three weeks, but, that was a small part of the problem. The biggest part was the Wolf Moon.

This special full moon was a night away, and I was nervous. The Wolf Moon comes once a year, and effects Alpha's and Beta's, everyone else just feels amped up.

But for an Alpha like me, the moment the moon hit the sky, Gore would take over, from there he'd have control over my body for twenty-four hours.

Every time I listened in on Gore, his thoughts were about Adam, being inside Adam, marking Adam, just a constant flow of Adam... Adam... Adam.

I was afraid once Gore had control, he'd take Adam against his will, if Adam and I were on good terms, there'd be no problem.

But we weren't, so sex was out of the question. We were still in the middle of a fight, he was mad at me for whatever reason, and I was angry cause I needed to drain my balls.

Needless to say, we've both been hard to live with, Shawn and Avery both stay out of our way.

And the Delta and Gamma haven't slept in the packhouse for almost a week. Weirdly Avery and Shawn are at least cordial with each other, and strangely Avery sleeps in Shawn's suit without fear.

I don't know where Adam and Avery ran off to when they left the pack without notice, but when they came back, something about Avery was different.

He didn't stutter, he didn't shy away from people. He walked around boldly, cooked meals without filling the house with the scent of his nervousness.

And when he spoke, it was with confidence. Shawn planned to handle the moon differently than me, he was locking himself away in the rogue cages.

I believed Gore would be respectful of Adam's wishes, luckily Adam was in a good mood, a super good mood.

# # #

That Friday morning I woke up completely agitated, Adam was out of our bed before I woke up, and I sighed.

All-day Gore was right on the edge, pushing at my mental holds. I lashed out left and right, I was so full of pent up energy that training with me was made brutal.

I pushed the pack warriors to their farthest limits, and I was still full of energy.

At around one I decided to get some lunch, Adam made a sweet glazed ham for dinner the night before and a sandwich was calling my name.

The ham was in the fridge, but there was enough for exactly two sandwiches, so I shut the fridge and went to take a shower. I come out, get dressed and head back down to the kitchen.