Chapter Thirteen ... Ma'jikal Happenings

POV
Adam

"Holy shit

"Holy shit. Mosh is gonna be pissed at me." I laughed as Avery and I got off the turnpike, heading outside of New Orleans and into the small town of Derwin.

That town was wiped away during hurricane Katrina, but it's been rebuilt, shit was still a small backwater ghost town.

Avery and I talked while we were on our way, he was being strange, he had a huge leather purse, you know the kind you see women carrying and you wonder what the fuck is in that bag.

He was dressed all in black, wearing a wide-brimmed hat. He wouldn't tell me where we were going, but I got the feeling it was to see his so-called conjurer friends.

He'd already so much as told me, he was in a practicing coven. While he was talking, I reached under the seat and pulled out one of my stashes.

"Y-you're still a ch-chimney?" He asked, as I opened my ziplock and pulled out one of sixteen pre-rolled dutches.

"Man I need to blow this Dutch, this training shit has me stressed, Alice expects me to memorize every Luna the packs had for the last century or so. It's a lot to handle." I said, dragging from my blunt and holding it in my lungs.

I dragged it a few more times, before passing it to Avery. "O-only a few pulls, I need to have a clear mind." He said, taking the dutch.

"Where's this shop at?" I asked as we entered the town of Derwin. "It's on the ma-main street, j-just keep driving." He said, choking on smoke.

We drove along, me following his half-assed direction until we came to a stretch of road that had stores on each side.

The spiritual emporium stood out, amongst the old run-down general store, Bumpy's liquors and a hollowed-out church.

It was a big store, with wide front windows, that showed off a weirdo's assortment of weirdness. Hanging dried bones, dream catchers, a thousand different crystals.

If the outside was bad, the inside was worst, packed from end to end in clutter.

One side of the space was set up like an altar, filled with statues of many different deities. Candles and incense we're everywhere.

 Candles and incense we're everywhere