4

I wake up to the sound of my phone going off. I hit the stop button and groan. It's way too early. I get from under my warm sheets. My body letting the cold air outside the blanket. I go into my bathroom attached to my room and take a quick shower. Turning the water to a bit hotter and standing under the steamy water for a moment. I wash my hair and get out, wrapping a towel around my waist. I brush my teeth, I don't have time for breakfast. I dry my hair and style it fast. Then I change into a plain slightly tight white t shirt and a pair of black jeans. I get my stuff into my bag , grab my keys, phone and put on my shoes. My dad has already left for the office so I go into my moms home office to say bye.

"Hey mom.. I'm going for..." I start when I open the door.

"Not now honey, I'm busy." My mother interrupts me mid sentence.

"But.." I start. Even though I know it won't make a difference.

"Can we talk later Dustin please." She says not looking up from her computer once, sounding annoyed. Can't even take a second for me.

"Whatever " I state and slam the door shut. A slight sense of anger pulsing through my veins. I head out to my car and turn on the ignition. I back out of my spot in our three car garage and hit the road.

I park in an empty spot at the elementary school. It's early enough that I should catch Hadley dropping off her brother, I assume she haven't gotten her car fixed. I mean she should just get a new one with the shape her old one was in. At least I hope I catch her.

I sit there for about ten minutes, losing hope every second that she doesn't show up. I turn on my car about to head out when I see her. There she was in black leggings and a light blue long sleeved flannel shirt with a hood. She's walking hand in hand with her brother and he skips along, his moth is moving fast, likes he's excitedly talking. I see from my parking spot when she gets to the front door. She goes down to his level again, says something to him that makes him smile then hugs him tight. Cute. The anger I felt only moments ago has completely vanished.Once she stands back up and waves goodbye to her brother she starts to walk towards the sidewalk, I assume to walk to school. I drive over to her and stop on the side of the road.

"Hey, funny meeting you here." I smile at her from inside the car. She stops walking and leans her arms on the window rest of the passenger side.

"Are you stalking me Fox?" She says with a small grin.

"Me, stalk you? Never. I was just on my way to get some food before school and happen to see you walking along." I say, I'm only half lying. I wasn't getting food, but I did see her walking along.

"Sure, class doesn't start for another half hour." She says with that tone of sarcasm."It takes five minutes tops to go through a drive through or to go into a coffee shop. "

"I like to take my time. " I shrug. I pat the passenger seat and unlock the door so she can come in.

"I already owe you one, I can't owe you two." She shakes her head.

"Think of the first one as a favour to your brother, nothing  owed to me." I say.  She doesn't answer. "Do you really want to walk twenty minutes to school?"

She sighs in defeat. She opens the door and sits down. I go to pull her phone out of my pocket to give to her but it's not there. Ugh I must have left it in my room.  I groan and face palm. "What?"

"You left your phone in my car yesterday and I was going to give it to you but I must have left it in my room. " I say. "Sorry."