8

I open the door to my room slightly, Hadley stirred a little. I open the door as quietly as I can. I place a glass of water and aspirin on the table. I look back at Hadley and see that she's waking up.

"Morning doll." I whisper to her, taking a seat on the side of the bed. She looks at me for about half a second before she gets up with a start. The blanket I had placed on her the night before falls to her lap.

"Where am I? Oh my god, my dad, Oliver. Why am I here?" She talks fast and is almost inaudible.

I place my hands on her shoulders." Shh, Hadley it's okay."

I can see the worry in her eyes. Her hair is a mess. I have my hand and run it through her hair a few times in an attempt to tame it.

"But..." she starts then stops, then she speaks again in a softer, quieter tone. "Why am I here? I need to get home." She says while closing her eyes.

"Don't worry. I took care of it." I assure her. I pick up the water and aspirin handing it to her. "Here, this will help." She takes them from me and pops them in her mouth washing it down with a ip of water.

"I have to call my dad." She says putting down the water. "He's probably worried." She says searching around for her phone.

"Don't worry." I say agin. "I called him from your phone last night, I told him you weren't feeling well after we hung out and I knew that he was working so I was going o take you to mine and keep an eye on you." I decide against telling her what her dad told me last night. About how he's happy she's finally living.

"And he was okay with that?" She asks me confused.

I shrug. "He didn't seem to have an issue with it, I called the babysitter too and convinced her to stay." I say twiddling my thumbs looking down at the floor.

"How did you manage that?" I really don't want to tell her. I know she'll say something like Dustin I can't owe you more or something like that. "Dustin?"

I look up and meet her eyes. I grin a guilty smile. "I might have told her she's be paid more." She shoves me a bit and gasps.

"Dustin Fox! Are you serious? I'm just racking a bill with you." She says not completely angry, I can tell.

"Sorry, I just wanted to make sure you'd be properly cared for in your hung over state. I don't want to put it on your dad and I highly doubt you know how to help." I tell her being truthful on my intentions.

She says silent for a moment, then lets out a slightly frustrated sigh. "Thank you." She finally says.

"Oh my pleasure doll, what else are friends for." I say. I not only say it for me since I like having her as my friend but for her. I want her to know that I'm her friend and I want to keep reminding her that so she knows she has me.

She smiles at me in response " What about your parents? Do they know I'm here? Like am I going to have to sneak out of this place?"

I run the back of my neck, technically they don't know but I've been up and about for a while and neither my mother or father are here, plus I slept on the couch and my mom did come out of her office but didn't see me and if my dad did come home he either didn't see me or didn't care enough to ask why I was in the living room. "No, they're not technically here."

"What do you mean?" She inquires putting her hands behind her back and leaning on them.

"Well..." I start. "Can I be honest?" I ask her and she nods her head. "If they did see me, when my mom finally comes out of her studio or my dad finally gets back from the office, they don't care enough to ask. They never have."