10

I walk into the school with Hadley holding the door open for her. "Are you going to tell me at some point today what we could possibly be doing tomorrow?" She's been asking me for the past like three days what my plans for her were, of course I refuse to spill.

"Not even a thank you for holding open the door, my how the young act these days. So ungrateful." I shake my head in a disappointed way.

She smacks me in the arm and rolls her eyes. "I'm literally only a year younger then you." She says " oh the old so forgetful nowadays." She smiles mocking my precious tone.

"Okay, nice one" I say as we continue to walk down the corridor. We stop at Hadley's locker. She puts all her stuff on the selfs and places her bag on its designated hook. I wasn't going to go to my locker but decided I should, my math is in there, I have the class first and I'm so tired of looking off off someone else.

When I open my locker door I hear a gasp out of Hadley's mouth. I look at her quickly." What's wrong?" I ask extremely concerned.

"Dustin, your locker is a mess." She says. I guess she's not a fan of the crimped up test on the ground or the endless amounts of water bottles and food wrappers on the top shelf? Not to mention I have my gym shoes inhere and they don't exactly smell the great but, I'm never in my locker anyways.

"Hadley I'm never here anyway why does it matter?" I ask looking under all the paper that had somehow accumulated on the floor of the locker for my math textbook.

"Because it makes it easier to find stuff." She says placing her hands on her hips. She knows I'm looking for something and having difficulty. "Not to mention it stinks, and don't you organize your notes, keep old tests as study guides. If your locker was cleaned you'd feel a lot better about going to it, maybe might even start using it for what it was given to you for." She says glancing back at my apparently disgusting and messy locker.

"Okay?" I don't know what she wants me to say, I do not have the patience clean this thing out right now.

"We're cleaning it." She says bluntly.

"Um.. with what time?" I ask as I finally find the textbook." See I found what I was looking for, no need to clean up." I say holding up my book then standing up to close the door.

"You would have found it a while ago if your locker was neat and organized. We clean at lunch. Hope you didn't have any important plans." She says then saunters off to who knows where.

I lean against the lockers and knock my head against the thick math textbook a few times.

"Dustin, I don't think that's how you get the math into your mind." Someone says from in front of me. I lower the textbook and see some girl standing there. "Hey." She says and smiles at me.

"Hi." I say awkwardly.

"Riley, remember. I know it's been a while, and I can tell you recognized my face. Forgot my name it's alright. I'm bad with names too." She smiles at me, Riley, right the freshmen. I don't tell her that I didn't even recognize her face.

"Right." I say as confident as I can. "How've you been?" I say trying to not look completely stupid.

"You know, alright." She pauses for a moment. "So do you maybe want to hang out a lunch today? I thought.."

"I actually have plans." I cut her off. Her face drops. "Sorry " i shrug trying to be sincere.

"That's alright. I'll just find something else to do." She says. "Unless I can tag along, what are your plans?" She asks the excitement returning to her face and voice.