13

"Fox, I have to go." Hadley says for about the tenth time in the past 5 minutes. I had picked her and her brother up this morning. We dropped Oliver off then headed straight to the academy.  We've been sitting her in the car for the past ten minutes  making out and holding hands and stuff. Coupleish things.

I take her face in my hands and kiss her again, "you sure you don't want to just hang out in my car all day?" I asks as I lean my forehead against hers.

"Dustin." She says and shakes her head lightly. "School, an important education is waiting for me through those doors. " she says pointing to the doors of the school.

"Hadley." I say mocking her tone. "Life and adventure is waiting for you out there." I finish pointing outside.

She smiles and lets out a small laugh. "I get that but, I'm here on scholarship Dustin, if I miss too much school it could suffer." She says

That's true, and I don't want her to lose her scholarship. "How many days have you been away?" I ask her knowing her answer will be low, I found a loop hole.

"Never." She says her face going red. "At least so far this school year." She says covering her face with her hands to hide her embarrassment.

"I think you can afford to skip school once." I say turning my car on. "Where do you want to go?" I ask her.

"Can we go to my place really fast? I have an idea." She says excitedly. "I'm going to do an act to live." She says

"Look at you. I'm rubbing off on you. I like the way you think doll." I say and start driving to her place.

Once we get her place she runs into the bottom store, she rushes back out paper in hand. She slides back into the passenger seat and buckles her seatbelt.

"What's that?" I ask her waiting to a response before I start driving.

"A permission slip." She says

"What is this a school trip?" I ask her laughing. She slaps me on the shoulder and laughs too.

"No, it's my dad giving consent to me getting a tattoo." My jaw drops open.

"Seriously?" I'm in disbelief right now. "You're actually going to get a tattoo?"

She nods her head. "I've always wanted one, something with meaning and importance to me."

"Wow."

"What is that a surprise to you?" She asks crossing her arms over her chest. "I thought you wanted me to live."

"I do, doll." I say putting my hands on the wheel. "I think it's a great idea." I finish and start driving in the direction of the mall.

          ~                       ~                     ~

I grab Hadley's hand and lead her through the turns and people of the mall, heading in the direction of the tattoo place. As we get closer to the store I feel Hadley's grip on my hand and her feet start to drag.  I look slightly back to her.

"Hadley? You alright?" I ask she's all pale. She doesn't say a word. "Doll?"

"I don't think I can go through with this." She says her words shaking.

I turn to face her fully and grab hold of her hands in mine. "Yes you can." I say to her. "You can do anything." I try to convince her.

She shakes her head and closes her eyes. "Let's just do something else, my bravery is gone." She says trying to get away from my grip.

"Hadley, you were so excited to get a tattoo." I say to her remembering the excitement in her step when she got back in the car from her place.

"Well the excitement has vanished, it's been replaced with fear." She says again.