2 - Naruto

I didn't go home that night after all.

Instead, I paced my office coming up with the worse scenarios of my Hinata going around the village with some other man...

Some other man seeing her smile the way she does. Whoever he is, he's probably flirting doing whatever he can to take her away from me. Hinata has made a couple televised appearances alongside me most the time talking about the status of our family to all the fans who adored us.

Even if he didn't know she's mines, someone he knows probably knows she's the Hokage's wife.

And Hinata...

No.

This isn't her fault.

Hinata wouldn't do anything like this. She wouldn't go seek out the attention of somebody else while her husband cooped himself up in his office all day and most the night running this village. She's not that kind of person.

She's not...

I don't blame her if she became that way.

I'm a horrible husband who doesn't even pay attention to her. I don't even remember the last time we talked more than just me asking where my cape was after laundry.

Not only that...

Our anniversary was three days ago.

And when I got home that night, I looked Hinata dead in the eye while she was standing there at the door, face plastered with disappointment when I told her I was tired and wanted to sleep. I should've known something was wrong.

She didn't follow me like she would and help me get ready for bed. Instead, she just said good night and went up to our room. I even slept in the office that night because I had to run out to a meeting early the next day.

The day of our anniversary.

What the fuck is wrong with me?

No wonder she's out in the streets, talking to some other guy.

I really...

Don't deserve her.

"You're still here?" Shikamaru came in, utter shock in his voice. "Did you even go home at all?"

I ignored him for a bit. I walked over to the the window overlooking the village. Half of me was aware the sun had come back up and it was somewhere around eight thirty. Hinata should be awake by now and getting Boruto's lunch ready so he can go to school. Himawari is still sleeping, I could feel her chakra still flowing at a steady place.

I closed my eyes, feeling the energies of my family something I often did whenever I get a chance to. I wanted to make sure Boruto isn't goofing off somewhere instead of getting his education with Shino.

There he goes. He's heading in the direction of the academy. Good.

Himawari's chakara suddenly picks up as she wakes up as well to get the day started.

"You're not..." Shikamaru stopped himself. "Naruto..."

I didn't say anything.

Himawari is getting ready for a day with her mother it seems...they're heading to the Hyuga compound for the day. It was taking everything in my body not to just jump out of this window and jump my way over to where they were but it seems like Hinata is staying with her family for the day -

What?

She's just dropping Himawari off?

Where is she going?!