3 - Hinata

I can't believe Naruto.

I can't believe he would think I would ever do such a thing to him; to anyone.

Ten years ago I agreed to love him unconditionally. To be honest, a part of me promised myself that from the first day of our academy days.

I have been nothing but loyal, understanding, loving to the greatest man in the entire village. Even now... when he hurt me deeply but implying I'd go out and do such a thing.

Naruto, you fool.

I wanted so much to sit down with him and talk this out. What the hell is going on between us? Does he still love me the way I love him? Or...or is that gone?

Is that why he keeps burying himself in work day in and day out so he would avoid coming home? I thought everything I've done for him was more than enough.

He's my everything.

And when I got him, I committed everything in me to him. To supporting him in his dreams, to making love with him whenever he asks or when we both want...

We haven't even done that in months. He hasn't even touched me in months.

We barely exchange two sentences between each other.

He always sleeps on the couch in his office and leaves before any of us wakes.

What if...

What if he's seeing someone else?

I wouldn't be surprised. Naruto is one hella of a man. His body is in amazing shape despite his age and the amount of ramen he can consume. Ever since my husband became Hokage, he hasn't been able to train physically as much as he used to but his body is still amazing.

Ugh!

Of course one of those younger fangirls could worm her way into his heart. There are so many younger, sexier girls out there. The Chunin generation right now has a few of them.

I always hear gossip or fangirls squealing every time they make their way to the Hokage office. I always try to hide my jealousy but it always ultimately fails.

Naruto...

What the hell am I doing?

I haven't talked to him in ages and he's downstairs right now wanting to talk. Yet I'm up here because he hurt my feelings thinking I would ever stray from our marriage.

And I'm stupid for ever thinking he would, too.

Tonight is a good night to reconnect. Our kids are going to stay over at the Hyuga compound because Hanabi wants to teach them some cool new tricks so it's just gonna be me and him.

Okay.

I got up from where I sat on my side of our bed and made my way downstairs.

My heart stopped when I saw Naruto sitting down putting his shoes on sluggishly.

"Y-you're leaving?" I croaked.

He jumped a little before looking over his shoulder. "It's obvious you don't want me here right now. I'll just go and save you the trouble of asking me to leave."

I messed up.

His voice was laced with looniness, sorrow...pain. The way his broad shoulders slouched and his eyes completely emotionless told me that yeah: you messed up.

Naruto was going to leave me.

"I'll come back when you've cooled down, believe it." The Hokage stood up, not even able to look at me for a moment longer.

My mouth wanted to form his name, my voice wanted to push it out.

But nothing.

Nothing left my mouth.

My throat was as dry as the sand around the Hidden Sand Village from fear; fear that my husband might not be coming back home if I let him go.

His foot was already halfway out the door.

I took a step until I reached the bottom of the stairs.

He walked down the porch.

I was in the doorway.

Please.

I watched the man I'm madly in love with slowly disappear down the front of our house towards the front gate.

Please don't.

I wish Kurama came with a mindreader. Maybe that might be able to get Naruto to turn around and hear my pleas for him to stay with me.

Please don't leave me all alone.

Naruto pushes the gates open and walked onto the road, turning towards the Hokage office just a mile away.

He glanced my way once more, his eyes swollen with a want I mirrored. He doesn't want to leave me here alone.

He wants to stay.

But for some reason, he feels like he's being pushed away from me. It could be the disappointment I felt from the question he asked me.

Or maybe the sadness in my heart knowing the man I love doesn't trust me.

Whatever it is...

It's pushing my husband away from me.

I have to find a way to stop it otherwise our marriage might ultimately meet its demise.

I don't want that.

I want Naruto.

For the rest of my life.

But...

Does he trust me enough to want me for the rest of his life, too?