4 - Naruto/Hinata

I fucked up.

I fucked up, I fucked up, I fucked up!

Why did I even open my mouth and accuse Hinata of doing that? I know her with every cell in my body and I know she would never do anything with anyone.

I somehow ended up wandering into Ichiraku's, thinking a full stomach would help me out of my funk. But I almost forgot that Hinata had a portrait hanging by the door because she won that ramen eating contest once.

Seeing her smile so amazingly made my heart drop again.

"Naruto!" The daughter called for me. "No Hinata today?"

It was like a kunai was thrown right at my heart. I bit my tongue trying to hold back myself from crying out for my wife.

"Just me today." I answered as casually as I can. "I'll have a bowl and some sake with it, please."

The daughter looked shocked.

"Please."

She didn't say anything until finally, she bowed. "As you wish, Lord Hokage."

***

Hinata

Loud knocking sounded at my door, jerking me awake from where I was dozing. I didn't even realize I fell asleep in the first place.

The knocking came again.

My Byakugan activated right away but when I picked the chakra signatures, my heart picked up.

I scuffled to the door, my feet aren't even in the slippers all the way as I basically ran up to the door. Swinging it open, I called to my husband. "Naruto-kun!"

Yeah that's Naruto but -

"Who are you?" I looked at the young girl. She doesn't look like she's much younger than us, maybe by two years at least. Her body was lean and her hair was a very blonde it glittered in the moonlight. Her face was small, her cheek bones were high.

She was overall beautiful...

And my heart hurt so much to see her with her arms around him, I wanted to cry right there.

But I have to be strong.

"Sorry, Lady Hokage." She has a pretty thick accent. She's not from here. "I was just eating in a booth next to him when I saw him get wasted. Then the owner asked me to take him home and gave me directions."

Naruto hiccuped loudly then groaned. I shot a glare at him before turning my attention back to the girl. Before the war, Neji taught me a little trick.

To use my Byakugan to see if someone is lying. I didn't need to activate it because the subject was right in front of me.

I can be sneaky.

The way her heart is beating is at a normal rate. Just a little fast but that can be from lugging around a man twice her size. Plus, Naruto reeked alcohol and ramen so be really is just coming from Ichiraku.

"Lord Hokage." The kunochi whispered to my husband. My blood started boiling at the sight. They look like old friends just talking away. The way she said his title makes me want to send her ass back to where she came from.

Dammit...

He groaned in response and she continued. "Come on. You're home."

"I don't wannnnnaaaaa goooo home. Hina is mad at me."

I wasn't.

Now I kinda am.

"Your wife is right here and she doesn't look mad."

Yeah I kinda am lady. Stop talking to my husband like that or else...

"Hinata?!" He stood up suddenly, pushing her out of his way when he saw me. He stumbled getting through the threshold and walked right up to me. "It's not what it seems! Please believe me!"

"What's your name?" I asked, my voice stern as I peeped around my man.

She saluated me.

Yeah definitely not from here.

"My name is Himeko Kori. I am a warrior from the Land Hidden in the West."

That's why.

She's from way across the ocean.

"That's pretty cool." Naruto commented, earning a glare from me. His attention turned back to me immediately.

"Well, I'll be going then. It's an honor to meet you both." Himeko saluted us once more before running off and away from our house even jumping the gate instead of opening it.

Rude.

The moment she was gone, Naruto turned back to me. His eyes weren't glasses over like before. The only indication he was ever drunk would be the scent of alcohol he reeked in.

"Am I in trouble?" My husband dare to ask.

I looked at him, a part of me telling myself to not give in. He's not giving me a pleading look but I can tell he's doing everything he can to make me forgive him.

Another part of me just want him to just be the same adorable Naruto Uzumaki I love and cherish. I know he's in there.

This whole Hokage thing and just everything....

It's becoming too much.

"I'm going to bed." I announced turning and walking up the stairs.

I didn't hear his footsteps following me. Glancing over my shoulder, I saw him look at his feet awkwardly then towards the door of his office. Drawing in a breath...I let myself be weak just once more for him.

"A-are you coming?"

His crystal blue eyes widened in shock, this feeling passed through before it came to life. He skipped up the stairs, with this attempt to kiss me.

I put a finger to his lips right away. "You're staying on your side of the bed."