6 - Hinata

Naruto was out of the house early the next morning. I barely woke up when I felt him kissing my forehead then he was gone.

He said that he'll fix us. I honestly was just happy he was willing to do such a thing. All I know is he's really still in love with me and that's more than enough.

But I wanted to see what he had in mind.

It is Valentine's Day after all.

I wonder if he realizes it was. He's not really attentive but there are times where he's knows how to sweep me off my feet.

I want to give him that chance to and if it means him not being in the house for Valentine's Day then that's okay.

After I finished my morning routine, I wandered downstairs and into the kitchen.

Hm?

A note?

Hima and Boruto are gonna stay with Hanabi and Father one more night. It's just you and me, baby. Believe it! I'll be back as soon as I can! -Naruto

This idiot.

He probably went over to the compound this morning to do so. Honestly I don't get why he doesn't just call.

There are phones for a reason.

What's the point of thinking too much about it? Naruto runs on his own mind and does things his way. Now I feel a little guilty for being mad in the first place.

He's a busy man and I knew that being married to the Hokage is probably one of the toughest challenges any spouse can face. I never had a doubt in my mind that Naruto is the one I want to be my husband and the father of our children.

He fulfilled my wishes for me because he loves me.

So I need to fulfill his wishes for the rest of the days to come.

I can't be selfish.

Not with him.

Okay! He did say he's coming home tonight so time to make my signature ramen for him to enjoy.

I grabbed my usual shopping bag and left the house in a hurried fashion. I can make ramen between an hour to four. Usually the ramen I make in four hours is the best tasting one since everything has time to soak -

Wait.

Naruto?

What's he doing...here in the marketplace...glaring Tadashi-San down like that?

Oh no.

He's not here to pick a fight when him, is he?

Is he that insecure about our marriage? About us?

I didn't realize I crouched into one of the auntie's store until she tapped me on the shoulder with a toothless smile. "First Lady! Welcome back! I have fresh green onions in."

I glanced over at my husband then back at the store owner. "I'll take three bundles please, Kimo-san."

She gushed for a bit then wandered off to get my groceries. Another presence appeared beside me. I didn't need to think twice before I realize who it was.

"I knew he'd come down here..."

I glanced at him. "W-why is he down here, Shikamaru-kun?"

Shikamaru rubbed the back of his head and sighed heavily. "I don't know. I just get a call from him this morning saying he's trying to finish everything as fast as he can. By the time I made it into the office, he finished this week's and next week's work then said I had them off. He disappeared right after that."