C h a p t e r 23

I watched Jaleena's retreating figure. Her back was to me, but I could see the tears pouring down her face. I had broken her heart. Maybe I am just like they say.

I slammed the door shut and walked inside, my legs hurt from the night before. Getting to the couch I threw myself down and groaned. After today I may never see her again. She was taking a plane home a month early. She was only here for the summer after all.

I shook my head and picked my phone up off the coffee table. I wonder if my parents knew I was missing? I wonder if they even cared?

I scrolled through Instagram and saw pictures of everyone having a great summer. I saw pictures of Lindsey and the gang. I missed them. The only person I didn't see is Jane.

I couldn't help but wonder how she's doing. I smirked and dialed her number.

"Hello?" The Ray of sunshine answered the phone.

"Jane," I whispered.

"Natalia? Is this you?" Shuffling is heard in the back ground like she was getting up or something.

I nodded my head only to realize we were on the phone, so I spoke, "yeah it's me."

"I've been worried sick where have you been? Where have y'all been?! You just disappeared off the face of the planet!" I rolled my eyes.

Thought my brother would at least give her and explanation to where we disappeared to.

"I'll tell you. I promise, but not on the phone. Wanna get coffee?"

"Um sure."

I smiled, "Great, I'll pick you in ten," we said our good byes and I got my ass off the couch.

That's when it hit me. Where the fuck is Sam? I didn't have much time to ponder before I hoped in the shower and wiped off all the grime.

Ten minutes turned into and hour; By the time I got dressed in a pair of low waisted ripped jeans, a mustard yellow tank, semi dried my hair, added a bit I makeup, and called an Uber.

The Uber pulled up outside of Sam's loft just as I was putting on my checkered vans.

I grabbed my bag, then ran outside and hopped in the car. I told the guy Jane's address. While he drove I dug through my purse to make sure I didn't forget anything.

Phone? Check. Charger? Check. Black card? Check.

Weird thing is they left me with all my cards and even a bit of cash. I rolled my eyes. Sometimes I question their reasoning.

We pulled up in front of Janes house. She walked out the house and I stepped out the car, "did yah miss me?"

She rolls her eyes, "Not really."

I faked an expression of hurt and moved aside so she could get in.

The Uber drive took us to our next destination. I paid him an extra twenty as I hopped out the car. He graciously thanked me by staring ay my boobs.

We walked inside Starbucks and the smell of coffee immediately hit me. I closed my eyes and took in a deep breathe. Oh how I've missed this!

I walked to the counter, "hello my names Jessica can I take your order?"

"Hi, can I have a venti caramel Frappuccino with Carmel syrup hazelnut syrup, java chips, and a drizzle of mocha."

The girl viciously tapped in the order, "Would you still like the Carmel drizzle?"

I nodded my head and look over at Jane, "What do you want?" She shook her head. I rolled my eyes, "she'll have a venti Java chip Frappuccino, 3 pumps of toffee syrup, and a Carmel drizzle."

Jessica nodded her head, "Name for this order?"

"Natalia," when I said my name she straitened up as if finally realizing who I am. I shook my head and handed the girl my card who seemed to admire it a minute before swiping.

"Sigh this please, your order will be down there," I nod my head, sign the paper, grabbed my card then walk down to the other end.

"You didn't have to order anything for me," Jane finally spoke.

"I didn't order it because you wanted it. I ordered it because I wanted it to, and it's a good drink. I promise," Jane crosses her arms. Not in a mad mood way, but in a intimidated kind of way. Like she's out of place.

From the way she kept looking around I could tell she's uncomfortable, "I thought we just came here to talk?"

I shook my head.

"We came here to get drinks. We can walk down to the beach to talk it's a pretty day," our drinks were finally ready. We grabbed them and walked out.

Once outside of the threshold of Starbucks she seemed to loosen up. Weirdo. We walked down the crowded side walks until we reached the beach.

"We could have gotten drinks here," she spoke sipping her Frappuccino. I laughed.

"That's no fun though," she looked up at me and shrugged.

"I guess not," we walked down the side walk a ways from the water, "where did you go? Why hasn't River told me anything?"

I shake my head, "things happened," I didn't elaborate.

"You tried to OD," she took me by surprise. I was so surprised I stopped walking only to continue walking seconds later.

"How did you know?"

"I was the one that found you in that hotel room," I nodded my head understandable, "why'd you do it Natalia?"

"I didn't. Even if I did try no one would understand."

"Oh come one! Natalia grow up! Don't you see you have everything! You are one of the most powerful 17 year olds I know!" I shook my head.

"Sure I have everything, but nothing that I want! My parents are always on the other side of the world not giving a shit about me, my brother found a girl who he actually likes and soon he's going to leave also! It's just me and will always be me!" I started walking father down the beach wanting to be away from all the peering eyes of nosy people.

Jane grabbed my waist making me drop my drink. The sticky drink splatters on my pants, "your not alone."