C H A P T E R 41

"Sam I don't know what you want me to do."

"I want you to help me with the situation at hand," I roll my eyes and adjust the phone under my ear.

"Can I help you in like an hour? Jane just got out the hospital and I'm helping her get situated right now. There's only so much of me to go around," Sam sighs on the other end.

"An hour. See you in an hour at my place?"

I nod my head, "your place, got it!"

Sam hung up and I hopped out of my car making my way inside the hospital and up to the second floor; to Jane's room.

"Ok your free to go!" I walk in just as the doctors releasing her. She sits on the fully made hospital bed in her normal clothes, "ah Mrs. Vanderson. River told me you'd be by to pick her up. Before you leave can I have a word, about her medication?"

I nod my head, "I'll just be a second Jane," Jane nods her head.

I follow the doctor out of the room.

"Here is a prescription for the medication needed. Have River contact me as soon as possible about child services. Her case has already been submitted against his wishes. It's just procedure let him know that."

My eyebrows scrunch up in confusion, "What do you mean? I thought this was an accident?" I take the medication prescription form the doctor.

"No, not at all. Her wounds weren't self inflicted, but they were brought upon her by someone else. We immediately go towards child abuse in these situations and have to inform the proper authority."

I nod my head at the doctors words, "Thank you. I'll him know."

She nods her head and walks away.

I peak my head back inside the room, "are you ready?"

Jane smiles And nods head, "this place is to depressing for my liking."

"Yeah depressing," my thoughts swirled around inside my head as I continued to think about what the doctor told me. Child abuse? Is someone hurting Jane?

The drive back to the house is silent. To Jane it's probably a comfortable silence, but to me it's suffocating. I pull into the drive way behind Rivers car. He hops out of it and smiles walking over to Janes side of the car, "Jane! How's Natalia treating you?"

"I picked her up you should be thanking me!" I shout over to him.

"An I am. Hence why I'm greeting y'all. I just got out of my meeting and I'm free for the rest of the afternoon. Movie marathon with junk food?" He asks looking at Jane.

"Yes, normal food over hospital food any day," they both look over at me.

"Can't. Sam has a problem and I'm trying to help him fix it. I'll be at his house," they nod their head. Jane looked a little bummed but I shrugged it off as River helped her out of my car.

I watched as they walked up the front porch and inside. Revving my engine I back up out of the drive way head towards Sams. This boy is going to kill me if Jane doesn't do it first.

"I'm here Sam!" I walk into his loft not bothering to knock on the door.
Everything is silent when I walk inside.

"You invited her?" A harsh whisper is head as I round the corner to walk into the living room.

"She's my Bestfriend I don't know why I wouldn't invite her. I don't know why I invited you though!" I walk into the living room to see two guys arguing.

"What is he doing her?" I asked immediately recognizing who it is.

"I could same the same about you," Aron stands up crossing his arms.

"You heard Sam I'm his Bestfriend," I crossed my arms and rolled my eyes. Aron scoffed and sat back down. This time I realize there's a girl sitting next to him. I smile at her, "hi I'm Natalia!"

She tucks a strand of hair behind her ear, "Yah I know," she looks down. The girl has a kind of hidden beauty. Freckles dot her face in the most perfect way, her pastel green eyes shimmered against her tan skin. Not to mention her dark silly hair.

"Damn, she's fucking gorgeous!" Both the guys look at me as I stair at the girl. The girl looks up at me.

"You think I'm pretty?" She asks.

I nod my head, "I think your fucking gorgeous dude!" I smile at her and she smiles back, "I'd hit on you, if I didn't know better, but I do, so I'm going to bet your Sams little problem. How'd a girl gorgeous as yourself get involved with this idiot, one may never know.

"Hey!" Sam sat at opposite end of the couch far away from everyone, "I'm good looking!"

I shake my head looking towards him, "you look like a fuck boy because you are a fuck boy."

"I'm hot though. Fuck boys are hot!"

"You look like a fishy!" I shouted at him laughing.

He pouts and crosses his arms, "I do not!"

"You do to!"

"Are y'all alway this childish?" Aron's asks us with a sigh.

I flip him the finger before turning my attention back to the girl, "Whats your name?"

"Nora," she whispers.

I bend down to Nora's level, "how old are you Nora?"

"Fifteen. I turn sixteen in May," I nod my head and look over at Sam.

"Do your parents know?"

She shakes her head, "they'll kill me when they find out," Nora bursts into tears, "they're going to kick me out, I'll be homeless and have to live on the streets." She began sobbing.

Opening my arms I cradled her while she sobs, "Well hun you have three options. Get rid of it, keep it, or have it and put it up for adoption."

She nods her head and pulls way wipe her face, "m-my family doesn't believe in abortion." She hiccuped wiping her snotty nose.

I shake my head and pull her an arms length away holding her by the shoulders, "it doesn't matter what they believe in or even want; it's completely your choice, and well Sams but we don't care about him right now."

"I'm still in the room you know!" Same throws his hands up in the air.

"At this point I don't care. You could have just wrapped it up, but no," I roll my eyes, "guys are so stupid," I whisper under my breathe, "Sam has a spare bedroom. Why don't you stay here for the night and we'll continue to talk about this tomorrow? I'll give you some time to think about and we can go into our options more in depth."

Nora nods her head, and stands up. Sam leads her out the room and to his spare bedroom. I stand up from my squatting position and sit on the couch with a sigh.

"So I guess it'd be a bad time to bring up what happened between us?" I looked at Aron and rolled my eyes.

Nora in media.