Chapter Nineteen

The night of the ceremony was spent with Margot. After parting ways with James, she was given the tour of Margot and Matt's beautiful three-story home. It was much different than James', although she now considered the little cabin hers as well. The home had a more modern feel, with wide open rooms and minimalistic decoration.

Soren was ushered into the master bedroom by a frazzled Margot, who insisted Soren had to look absolutely perfectfor the monumental night to follow. Margot insisted this night was one of the most special and significant ones in a wolf's life and Soren couldn't help but feel nervous at the prospect. Not only would the night involve standing in front of the three hundred-something members of James' pack, but also publicly devoting herself to him for the rest of her life.

After a quick shower, Margot spent what felt like hours blow-drying and then curling Soren's blonde tresses into long flowing waves down her back. When that was done, she braided some piece out of her face and sporadically throughout the rest of her hair. She had never been so pampered before and it was safe to say it was out of her comfort zone. While she dolled Soren up and applied a light makeup to enhance her natural beauty, Margot explained to Soren the process of walking up to the stage, and what would be expected of her.

Since she was human, Soren's outfit was slightly different than the traditional garb, with a long fur jacket and soft leather boots in addition to the usual long-sleeved dress. All dressed up and ready to go, Margot turned her to face the mirror, her first look at what had been done to her.

The girl in the mirror was a stranger. Gone was the meek girl who hid from all but James, and in her place was the fierce warrior the woods had raised her to be. The makeup Margot had spent so long perfecting did nothing more than emphasize her features, highlighting the plains of her face and making her look ready for anything.

Soren felt a burst of confidence. Looking like this, she could do anything, say anything, be herself in front of a crowd of strangers. It brought tears to her eyes, looking over at her only friend, a woman who understood her so well, and who had brought out the best parts of her.

When they had started, Soren had thought she'd turn out looking like a clown. Now she cursed herself for ever doubting the woman that had been so kind and caring towards her since the moment they had met.

"Thank you, Margot." There were tears of gratitude building in Soren's eyes, she hadn't had a friend in so long, and while James was her soul mate, it didn't count.

"What are friends for?" Margot wrapped Soren up in her arms, pulling her in tight,

"We're basically sisters anyways. Todays the day we make that official."

Pulling away, Margot kept hold of Soren's hand,

"It's time to go, the ceremony's about to start."

Soren's heart rate sped up, she clenched her hands into fists, trying to stop the nerves that were threatening to make her legs shake. She was strong, she was born to be their leader, and she would not back down from something as silly as stage fright.

She nodded to Margot, who took the hint and lead her down the halls of her magnificent house. Pulling her outside they began their way into the woods, the trees comforting her the deeper in they went. Eventually, they got to a point where Soren could hear a faint humming noise,

"I can't go any further with you, I have to take my place with Matt. Just remember what we talked about. It's just over there." She nodded her head towards the direction Soren was to go.

Letting out a shaky breath, Soren gave her a small smile,

"I'll see you, afterward right?"

Margot gave her hand a squeeze,