chapter 7

"Why not?" I challenge him.

"Because you won't come back."

For the first time since we've been together, I see a crack in his confident facade. Is that...fear I sense? Would me disappearing and not returning actually hurt him? Or would he just be upset because he lost his new toy?

"What makes you think I wouldn't come back?" I search his expression for vulnerability, a sense that he might actually care.

"Common sense." He turns from me. "As you said, from your point of view, I abducted you. You're probably just looking for an excuse to run away."

"If you don't trust me, Gavin, then this isn't going to work." I lean slightly to draw his attention back to me. "That's the most basic element necessary for any type of relationship to work."

"You don't trust me, so why should I trust you?" He sounds like an indignant child.

"We have to learn to trust each other, and this is the first step...for both of us."

There's only one way I know of to make him trust me. If I want him to let me go, I have to give him something that he desperately wants. I have to give him my body.

GAVIN

My greatest fear is that she'll leave and not come back. I want to think that I'd stalk her until she submitted to my will and surrendered to being mine, but I'm not that desperate. I'm not some animal that's going to force her to be with me until she hates me. I want her to like me. Hell, I had hoped that she'd love me someday with all my stubborn imperfections, but that's probably too much to ask from a girl that I did pretty much abduct without warning.

"Trust," I mumble the word. It's not something I give many people—at least, not in a positive light. I trust that most of my clients are probably guilty. I'm surrounded by liars on a daily basis. Why should she be any different?

"Trust me." Her eyes soften as she crawls towards me. It's a slow crawl, the seductive type. One dainty hand in front of the other, her knees following. Like a cat stalking prey, her shoulders are slightly arched. It feels like a trap that I can't help but fall into.

"Trust you." I'm not sure if it's a question or an agreement.

"Trust me," she repeats, taking my face in her hands.

Against my better judgment, I lean into her touch, allowing myself to be ensnared by her. Althea presses her lips to mine. It's a sweet kiss, exactly what I'd imagined it would feel like coming from her lips. I yearn to deepen it, and the beast inside of me can't be contained. I wrap my arms around her, pulling her to me.

She smiles and giggles, and I feel my resolve to imprison her slipping away. She's much more beautiful happy than sad, and I hated seeing her cry.

What a difference a few minutes can make. But I know what this is. She's using the only weapon she has against me to get what she wants. I'm curious as to how far she's going to take this—how much going home means to her. And again, if this is just about the money. She never answered that question when we were in the limo.

A selfish part of me thinks that if she were to disappear after tonight, then I should get my money's worth. I could be cruel and selfish. I could pound into her without a second thought of the pain I was causing. But I desperately want her to come back, and that demands an enjoyable experience. I want her to know that she's safe in my arms—that I'd never purposely hurt her.

Althea straddles my lap, reaching between us to grab my cock and rest it against her pussy lips. I groan, my dick jerking in her hand before she lets it slap against her wetness. She rests her arms on my shoulders and begins moving up and down, teasing me. I fear that the way she looks into my eyes will be my undoing. I'd give her anything she wanted right now.