chapter 15

"We've known each other for a while." I jump in, worried about what he might say to her.

"She didn't tell you about me? I'm hurt." Gavin draws his hand to his chest. The look on his face is truly wounded.

"No. She never mentioned you." She bears down on me with a look of suspicion.

Gavin flanks my side, putting his arm around me. His touch makes me tense up. "Well, this is a bit awkward."

"Where did you guys even meet?" She glances at me before her gaze settles on his handsome face.

"We met at the—"

"Library," I cut him off. "We met at the library when I was looking for a job. Gavin is a lawyer, and he was there to check out some books to help him with a case." It's the most plausible thing I can come up with on the fly.

"Oh really?" It seems Mom's still not convinced.

I take the flowers and hand them over to her. "These are for you. Sorry that this is all so sudden. You work so much that I just haven't had time to talk to you about this."

She sighs, and I see understanding in her expression. There's also guilt. She likely feels bad for not being around very much.

"Well, I don't know what to say other than congratulations." She clutches the roses to her chest and smiles.

"Thank you, ma'am." Gavin nods. "I apologize if this is all very sudden, but I just can't stand to spend another night without my princess. I've asked her to move in with me, and she's accepted. I wanted to come introduce myself and help her gather her belongings."

I can hear the implication in his words. He has no intentions of letting me spend the night here. I will be returning home with him. And he's made sure that I have no excuse to spend another night away.

GAVIN

THREE MONTHS LATER

The defiance that I had experienced when I first met Althea all but faded once she moved in. I thought she'd be pissed at me when I showed up at her mother's apartment, but as soon as we were out the door, she flung her arms around my neck and kissed me and told me how perfect I had been. My heart soared from pleasing her.

Living together hasn't been as much of an adjustment for me as I thought it would be. I don't mind sharing my space, as long as it's with her. When I smelled my scent on her skin, it filled me with pride. I love her natural clean scent, but having her smell like me is the next best thing. I can only hope that my masculine scent wards off other males, not that I worry much about that with as little as Althea goes out.

She kept her job until they tried calling her in on her day off. That shit didn't fly, especially because she was nestled in my arms on a Sunday when it happened. She frowned all the way through the call but agreed like the perfect little employee. When she hung up and nuzzled against me with a pout, I knew it would be easy to make her stay home.

"You could...not go into work," I suggest as I draw a circle on her bare shoulder with my thumb.

"I already told them I would," she grumbles.

"I mean indefinitely." I kiss the top of her head.

The air is filled with the scent of sex from our recent coupling. I know she has to be exhausted from me riding her so hard. This is usually what we do on Sundays. Stay in bed all day, only getting up to eat before we return to business. I like her to be walking bowlegged at work on Mondays so that all the guys at the restaurant know she's already been claimed.

She doesn't respond, mulling it over.

"I know you hate your job." I glance down at her. "I know you'd rather stay here with me." I slide my hand to her side and gently claw my fingers up it, making her squirm.

"I would rather stay here with you." She giggles from me tickling her, pressing closer to me. Her soft skin molding against me makes my cock spring to attention. It never takes long before I'm ready to go again.

"So stay with me." I roll on top of her, pinning her beneath me, my dick slipping into the space between her legs.

"If I stay with you, I might lose my job." She gives me a coy look.

"Staying with me is your job." I lean in to kiss the curve of her neck. She lets out a heady moan in reply.

"Okay," she agrees finally. "But what will I do with myself when I don't have a job anymore?"

"Pleasure me. Bear my children. Be my wife and a mother."